website statistics

Triathlon Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

uk12points

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

well, thats unfortunate.

I think the world ranking quotas are for names not NOCs so I do not think other dane can replace him, or maybe I am wrong ?

It is for the NOC. However you have to be ranked high enough to be eligible.

Just watched in our TV news Richard Varga so disappointed :cry: real heartbreaker. Explaining how he missed the qualification with that already mentioned stupid DSQ in Leeds (swimming in front of everybody else as usual and turned the buoy from the wrong side) and that finish in Mexico where he lost the quota by literally 6 seconds (exactly 4 places)

Now he´ll stay in Slovakia, (he was informed to stay prepared as being the first reserve for any eventual reallocation that can be announced from any time now until 1 week before the Olympic race,... however he personally does not believe it will happen) and continue to train individually but will have hard time to find the moral strength to continue his career, if it will be in vain...

The relay is a sprint triathlon while the individual race is standard triathlon. While there is a lot of athlete overlap between the two types, I can see an athlete who is better in one only competing in a single event.

With that said, I don't think limiting our women to just the relay event will increase our medal chance by a lot.

29 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

With that said, I don't think limiting our women to just the relay event will increase our medal chance by a lot.

It’s also a slap in the face to every woman who was on the verge of qualifying in the individual event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Worth noting that an official at Triathlon Canada was recently sanctioned due to a Safe Sport violation…

Source: https://triathlonmagazine.ca/news/matt-sharpes-statement-about-suspension-of-triathlon-canada-coach-cites-world-triathlon-investigation/

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela