website statistics

Triathlon Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

uk12points

9 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Does Japan as host country has an automatic quota in triathlon mixed? It's not written in the system, butI think that's why they have two quota instead of one.

The Danish federation say that Japan is secured a place.

• 2 weeks later...

If I can be of help Blog  2020 Tokyo Olympic Qualification https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Triatlón 

The changes of the Olympic Program in Tokyo, with respect to Rio.

Of that they consist Mixed relays

The Qualification Process summarized and detailed

Study of how to set the Olympic rankings triatlon  mixed relay and individual

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess it's safe to say that 20 countries will fight for the mixed relay quotas through the rankings considering that we already have a startlist for the next 2 events with 20 in Hamburg and 18 in Edmonton. :POL and :IRL are questionable as they weren't in Nottingham and neither on the start list in Edmonton. However they can still get 2 scores for the year with the World's and the Ech.

• 1 year later...

According to Wikipedia, France is already qualified in Mixed Relay. Is that true? How many points can still be won? I know that maximal 3 results from the second period will count, but how many chances are there left to win points in Mixed Relay?

Edited by EselTheDonkey

10 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

According to Wikipedia, France is already qualified in Mixed Relay. Is that true? How many points can still be won? I know that maximal 3 results from the second period will count, but how many chances are there left to win points in Mixed Relay?

well, this year only the Edmonton stage (July, 21st) of the Mixed Relay Series is still to be completed...

and if they keep the same calendar of 2019 also in 2020, only the first stage (Dubai, this year) of next year's series will be included in the Mixed Relay's OQP...

so, it should be just 2 races left before the end of the MR OQP...

• 1 month later...