website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

Indian media is reporting that Sumit Nagal (WR 144) has been invited by ITF for singles. Taking Wiki list as base, I still see :BOL:AUS:PER:AUT:SUI ahead of us and 4 spots empty. So, am assuming that either there are more withdrawals or one of these declined the quota. 

Next 3 should be :GBR:SRB and :IND 

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

:SVK is also there, ahead of Bolivia.

Since, :SVK refused quota for Andrej Martin, I assumed they refused for Jozef Kovalik. Similarly, I didn't count :NED because they are an obvious choice for a NOC that could have refused. But, I did miss :BIH. For some reason, Wiki list is skipping these 3 (:SVK:NED and :BIH), am assuming that they are expected to decline but we don't have confirmed data. 

3 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Since, :SVK refused quota for Andrej Martin, I assumed they refused for Jozef Kovalik. Similarly, I didn't count :NED because they are an obvious choice for a NOC that could have refused. But, I did miss :BIH. For some reason, Wiki list is skipping these 3 (:SVK:NED and :BIH), am assuming that they are expected to decline but we don't have confirmed data. 

Technically they did not refuse. They forwarded the invitation to the player and then he was the one who declined.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Technically they did not refuse. They forwarded the invitation to the player and then he was the one who declined.

In that case, my mistake. :red:

Spoiler

I can still blame Wiki though because it lists Londero as the last name while skipping Jozef

48 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Indian media is reporting that Sumit Nagal (WR 144) has been invited by ITF for singles. Taking Wiki list as base, I still see :BOL:AUS:PER:AUT:SUI ahead of us and 4 spots empty. So, am assuming that either there are more withdrawals or one of these declined the quota. 

Next 3 should be :GBR:SRB and :IND 

Maybe India got a quota for Yuki Bhambri based on his PR which I think is 127. And they reallocated the same to Sumit as Yuki is injured. 

5 minutes ago, sameerph said:

Maybe India got a quota for Yuki Bhambri based on his PR which I think is 127. And they reallocated the same to Sumit as Yuki is injured. 

I don't think we can reallocate Yuki's potential quota to Sumit even if we wanted to. But at this point, I don't think many of us are sure of anything, and it is mainly assumptions.