website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

8 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Isn’t there another Italian who would take Berettini’s place. Also, IIRC next is :SRB followed by :IND 

Yes there are other Italians that can take Berettini’s place, but our Noc says it's not possible and that after 16 July we can't change the players for any reason, I don't know if it's true.....

22 minutes ago, Robertino said:

Entries are now closed in terms of new replacements. Any replacements would have to be from athletes already on-site, according to ITF. 

Not sure if they physically have to be in Tokyo but I think they have to have  a provisional accreditation now

30 minutes ago, Braulio said:

So this has become like a demonstration tournament and is the gold medal to lose for Djokovic and Ashley Barghty

Lmao, but the fight for Gold medal may still be tight, especially in women's tournament. And I'd rate Osaka's and Świątek's chances higher than Barty's here. Mainly due to their attitude towards Olympics. 

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

41 minutes ago, Braulio said:

So this has become like a demonstration tournament and is the gold medal to lose for Djokovic and Ashley Barghty

Barty is very far from a shoe-in. Heck even Djokovic could be vulnerable to an upset. Lets not overstate how weak this field is.

1 hour ago, Braulio said:

Female field ist still quite strong, with 15 of the top 20 players participating. And most of those who are missing have also been missing or haven't been doing well at the latest Grand Slam tournaments.

And which missing male player could likely have challenged Djokovic for the win? Probably Nadal, but that's about it.

On 19/07/2021 at 00:02, szy123 said:

Lmao, but the fight for Gold medal may still be tight, especially in women's tournament. And I'd rate Osaka's and Świątek's chances higher than Barty's here. Mainly due to their attitude towards Olympics. 

Not so sure about Swiatek - she’s has not mpressed outside of clay tournaments.