website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

Just waiting when finally next :CZE player will get his quota place from 145th place in the world ranking ???

Hopefully, there will be couple more withdrawals after that as well, so that Indians at 144 and 148 can also qualify. 

15 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Just expel tennis from the Olympics, along football & golf, and give their quotas to other sports.

What a joke from most players.

I don't think it's fair to people who care. For example a Greek tennis player would never give up their spot like that.

2 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I thought the rule was that only two players who aren't playing singles can play doubles for each NOC?

Well, if that's the rule, you should call Bertens and Schuurs. They are good friends, especially Schuurs is already three years begging Bertens to play doubles with her. I think she would know that rule ... but maybe you're right. Then the solution is to withdraw Bertens for the singles.

Y’all need to chill a little. Even if two thirds of the top 32 from both gender withdrew tennis would still provide more star power than most other Olympic sport. The Olympics need tennis more than the other way around.

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Y’all need to chill a little. Even if two thirds of the top 32 from both gender withdrew tennis would still provide more star power than most other Olympic sport. The Olympics need tennis more than the other way around.

Olympics is usually about athletics & swimming when it comes to anchor events each week. Tennis has a lot of global power but it's the same as golf. OG gold medal will never be the pinnacle of the sport's achievement (unless your name is Elena Dementieva who always choked at Grand Slams during her peak).