website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

Just now, Benolympique said:

I'm sorry, I know you don't like Russia, I prefer to see Vesnina Zvonareva on the Olympic podium

Yes , but why Zvonareva/Vesnina? If Vesnina/Makarova - OK , it was strong pair , but Vera and Elena - I don't think that Russia decide to choose this pair (but I don't care) 

yeah, well, we will see soon what ITF will decide.

His disadvantage - no Davis cup played in the whole Olympic cycle is I think too much of a problem for ITF to allow him

His advantage - it was not his fault he did not play in any DC match, he just was not selected since there more better players ahead of him. plus he want to play in Tokyo, so maybe this will help ITF to give him a sort of exception.

Anyway, :SVK just received also the Quota in M Singles for Norbert Gombos (Continental Quota for Europe) quite funny, since we never won any continental quotas in anything before lol

so from 0 we have suddenly 3 players in Tokyo and 2 events M Singles & Doubles. Also definitely no female player this time for us, the first time ever since the independence.

So Monfils will go or not?

:CHI Garin the last one to withdraw.

For :ARG we have confirmed Schwartzman, Podoroska and Zeballos/Molteni in doubles + Podoroska/Zeballos in mixed if they make the cut.

Bagnis is likely to go too with one or two more withdrawals, Coria also wants to go but he's a few more positions behind. And then there is Del Potro who has the protected ranking, but who knows if he'll finally go.

8 minutes ago, NMQ said:

So Monfils will go or not?

:CHI Garin the last one to withdraw.

For :ARG we have confirmed Schwartzman, Podoroska and Zeballos/Molteni in doubles + Podoroska/Zeballos in mixed if they make the cut.

Bagnis is likely to go too with one or two more withdrawals, Coria also wants to go but he's a few more positions behind. And then there is Del Potro who has the protected ranking, but who knows if he'll finally go.

Crossing fingers for Delpo.

3 hours ago, CCB said:

Dutch team:

Singles: Kiki Bertens

Doubles: Kiki Bertens/Demi Schuurs

Singles: -

Doubles: Wesley Koolhof/JJ Rojer and Robin Haase/Matwé Middelkoop

I thought the rule was that only two players who aren't playing singles can play doubles for each NOC?

19 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think Svitolina will be next to withdraw now Monfils has pulled out. 

I don't think Svitolina withdraws especially with #2 player Dayana Yastremska on the WADA hook. That only leaves Marta Kostyuk as the only other eligible to play singles IIRC.

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

i would like spain to win a medal in women's doubles, with russia and the usa

I think the women's doubles medalists can be France (Garcia/Mladenovic), Belarus (Azarenka/Sabalenka) and Czechia (Krejcikova/Siniakova)