website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

• 1 month later...

So the qualification period ended today and this monday rankings will be used. Here's a tentative list i saw in Wikipedia, don’t know if one of you guys is behind it. I think there will be changes, it excludes some players due fed cup/davis cup nominations that I believe just were not selected at the time, like Karatsev I guess. Also other players will opt out, for example Federico Delbonis is included and he already said he won't go to Tokyo. I guess we'll have to wait a few days till confirmations from ITF.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

4 hours ago, NMQ said:

So the qualification period ended today and this monday rankings will be used. Here's a tentative list i saw in Wikipedia, don’t know if one of you guys is behind it. I think there will be changes, it excludes some players due fed cup/davis cup nominations that I believe just were not selected at the time, like Karatsev I guess. Also other players will opt out, for example Federico Delbonis is included and he already said he won't go to Tokyo. I guess we'll have to wait a few days till confirmations from ITF.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

what about the doubles? :mumble:

6 minutes ago, George_D said:

what about the doubles? :mumble:

The wiki source is "accurate" I mean they made it according to the singles ranking and added high ranked double partners who play together. All NOCs will be offered singles and doubles quotas. Some NOC will be able to choose amongst several players and also for doubles if someone is choosen, should be able to choose a partner who is ranked no worse than 300. The list of tennis players will still take some time to establish as NOCs will be confirming or declining based on world ranking from June 14th. 

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

Is the Andy Murray qualification correct?

I doubt honestly. Even if he'd use PR I don't think it'd be so high right now

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

9 hours ago, NMQ said:

:ESP Carla Suarez Navarro is missing, she has PR of #68