website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ECA European Championships 2021

George_D

Gonna be a serious bloodbath for some countries here, not only for the only remaining Olympic quota in each event, but many countries will nominate their representative for Tokyo here,

Our internal qualifiers in M C1 and W K1 came to the point that the better of Slafkovský/Beňuš or Martikán here will go to Tokyo, Mintálová in W K1 has everything in her hands, Dukátová will need more a miracle to overtake her in that internal spot..

Only in M K1 everything is already solved, with Jakub Grigar going to his 2nd Olympics.

and what about W C1, we do not have even quota in this event..so embarassing :lol:

41 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Gonna be a serious bloodbath for some countries here, not only for the only remaining Olympic quota in each event, but many countries will nominate their representative for Tokyo here,

Our internal qualifiers in M C1 and W K1 came to the point that the better of Slafkovský/Beňuš or Martikán here will go to Tokyo, Mintálová in W K1 has everything in her hands, Dukátová will need more a miracle to overtake her in that internal spot..

Only in M K1 everything is already solved, with Jakub Grigar going to his 2nd Olympics.

and what about W C1, we do not have even quota in this event..so embarassing :lol:

I thought that in men's K1 :POL Mateusz Polaczyk will be main favourite to take lone quota, but there are other good nations remain which didn't have quota in this event yet?

10 minutes ago, rybak said:

I thought that in men's K1 :POL Mateusz Polaczyk will be main favourite to take lone quota, but there are other good nations remain which didn't have quota in this event yet?

M K1 is basically the more easiest to qualify of all events, Everyone apart Poland is already qualified, Polaczyk or any other POL athlete is sure the main fav for the quota, Only competition may be , :HUN naturalized Slovak Marcel Potočný, :LAT  another naturalized Slovak Samuel Stanovský (not sure if he is eligible for Olympics though), :BEL Mathieu Doby, :CRO Ren Korpes, :UKR Igor Tsviet or someone from :IRL

M C1 should hopefully be the ticket for :GER

Luckily 10 of 11 tickets from the world championships 2019 already went to Europe so most countries should already have a ticket.

Who could be the biggest opponent?

23 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

M C1 should hopefully be the ticket for :GER

Luckily 10 of 11 tickets from the world championships 2019 already went to Europe so most countries should already have a ticket.

Who could be the biggest opponent?

The host with Home water advantage :d then Jerguš Baďura naturalized Slovak for :NOR and keep a eye on Russia

but anyway :GER is obviously the ultra favorit for the quota, I mean what are the odds for such powerhouse of C1 to flop twice during the same qualification cycle ? almost zero.

Just now, hckošice said:

The host with Home water advantage :d then Jerguš Baďura naturalized Slovak for :NOR and keep a eye on Russia

but anyway :GER is obviously the ultra favorit for the quota, I mean what are the odds for such powerhouse of C1 to flop twice during the same qualification cycle ? almost zero.

canoe slalom is slovakia's national sport!

7 minutes ago, George_D said:

canoe slalom is slovakia's national sport!

nope. not at all.

It is just the most successful sport of the country by miles and right ofc. but definitely not the national sport. Hockey & football are much more popular and followed (especially Hockey).

But at the Olympics, yes Canoe slalom has usualy the highest viewership of the whole games. usually the television has its own studio with experts, an electronic pen and all stats, reports, telephone competitions etc.., trust me, due to the endless talking hours before and after the race, I always have to look for a stream to see also other things from the games.

4 hours ago, hckošice said:

:CZE have decided already through the series of qualification races in the Czech Cup. They also counted WCH and ECH results in it. As far as I know, our squad should be

K1M - Jiří Prskavec (hopefully hot contestant for gold?)

C1M - Lukáš Rohan (following dad's steps, who had 2 OG medals in C2)

K1W - Kateřina Kudějová

C1W - Gabriela Satková

No changed in internal quali have been announced so I guess it remains the same?

7 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

:CZE have decided already through the series of qualification races in the Czech Cup. They also counted WCH and ECH results in it. As far as I know, our squad should be

K1M - Jiří Prskavec (hopefully hot contestant for gold?)

C1M - Lukáš Rohan (following dad's steps, who had 2 OG medals in C2)

K1W - Kateřina Kudějová

C1W - Gabriela Satková

No changed in internal quali have been announced so I guess it remains the same?

Wait, what ? I thought Tereza Fišerová won the ticket to Tokyo in W C1 ? :yikes: did they changed the system or ?

Anyway, this is really one of the best :CZE line up in ages. 3 Big big medal potential, Especially in M K1 the Czech depth is absolutely incredible, Prskavec had to beat Hradilek and Prindiš to go for Tokyo, all realistic potential medal contenders as well