website statistics

Modern Pentathlon Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Vojthas

The next best ranked not already qualified athlete after the ones I have mentioned is :HUN Alekszejev, which I guess means that we will certainly get one more quota via reallocation. And then we will also have to decide what to do with our 3 athletes, potentially reallocating either a world or European quota.

In other words: it's best to just wait until UIMP announces what's going on with the ranking quotas by the end of June. 

32 minutes ago, MagyarBabu said:

We lose quotas everywhere, but here we gaining too many. Well, I think the participation of Gulyás has no doubt for what she has shown in this early 2021.

Yeah, Gulyás is safe. the second Hungarian spot is between Kovács and Alekszejev. I think we will send the latter, Kovács missed too many event, it's too risky to send her. 

Top9 quota eligible athletes on the men's ranking:

:GER Liebig

:EGY Hamed

:BLR Palazkov

:GBR Toolis

:GER M. Dogue

:KOR Jung

:UKR Tymoshchenko

:CZE Kuf

:KOR Seo

So :KOR has 4, :GER has 3, :GBR has 3, :EGY has 3. Which means 5 quota reallocations once these countries decide which quotas they will reject. 

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

quota egypt hungary men's today ?

Yep, that's for sure.

The ranking quotas on the other hand can be messy with all the reallocations, so we will probably have to wait a few weeks for all the countries with more than 2 qualified athletes to decide. 

@Benolympique

As for the ranking quotas, I would say this:

Men's (9 quotas)

+1 :GER +1 :BLR +1 :UKR +1 :CZE 

Women's (8 quotas)

+1 :GBR +1 :MEX +1 :ITA +1 :RUS +1 :GER 

These are the "official quotas" as these countries are in the Top8/Top9 among the eligible athletes. Which means that we are missing 5 male and 3+1 female quotas (and there are also 2-2 tripartite quotas). 

Those 5 male and 4 female quotas will be officially given to other countries in two weeks, the reallocation period ends on June 29. 

Or maybe I am wrong and we can already calculate the reallocation. Maybe @Vojthas can shed some light on what's official and what's not right now. 

As far as the Hungarian Olympic Committee is concerned, they confirmed that 5(!) male Hungarian pentathletes are eligible for Tokyo. Madness. Good luck for our coach to choose two.