website statistics

Modern Pentathlon Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Vojthas

I know there are two Tripartite Commission places available but... among the eligible countries only Sri Lanka had their representatives at Continental Championships within this cycle. I mean, it's not a sine qua non condition, but still says there is 99,9% of possibility of reallocation of these places for ranking.

54 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I know there are two Tripartite Commission places available but... among the eligible countries only Sri Lanka had their representatives at Continental Championships within this cycle. I mean, it's not a sine qua non condition, but still says there is 99,9% of possibility of reallocation of these places for ranking.

From my understanding they could not compete the jumping portion as they were not allowed to? I know Bolivia was in the same situation in 2015 for the Pan American Games. Is that a thing?

----

On a side note does anyone from Canada have a chance to qualify?

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

On a side note does anyone from Canada have a chance to qualify?

Unlikely, our highest ranked person is Kelly Fitzsimmons who is currently 68th, but she likely needs to break into the top 30 in order to have a chance.

On 11/04/2021 at 20:11, JoshMartini007 said:

Unlikely, our highest ranked person is Kelly Fitzsimmons who is currently 68th, but she likely needs to break into the top 30 in order to have a chance.

She needs to medal at World Champs now - which shall be enough points for ranking quota, but there's still a direct quota to get there.

Before the World Cup Final and the WCh, these are the nations who would get quotas from the Olympic ranking in the women's competition: 

:GBR  :HUN  :RUS  :POL  :GER  :TUR  :MEX  :ITA 

And the next 5 spots in case of reallocation:

:KOR  :JPN  :EGY  :FRA  :GEO

28 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Before the World Cup Final and the WCh, these are the nations who would get quotas from the Olympic ranking in the women's competition: 

:GBR  :HUN  :RUS  :POL  :GER  :TUR  :MEX  :ITA 

And the next 5 spots in case of reallocation:

:KOR  :JPN  :EGY  :FRA  :GEO

so elodie clouvel will not qualify for tokyo?

24 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

so elodie clouvel will not qualify for tokyo?

I would say that she still has a chance, she might not even need good results at the last two event if the reallocations will be favorable for her. 

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Well this sport is dead in Canada. From having the leading athlete in the women's competition with one event in Rio to no one qualified, sad.

Besides handball, this will be the only sport Canada does not partake in.

I want to be Canadian, only two sports without any athletes. I must improve my English and French and moved abroad. Please find me job :)