website statistics

Modern Pentathlon Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Vojthas

hace 7 minutos, Shravan Kumar dijo:

It doesn't amount to something around 0.00004 percent of the population. 

I am not sure where you got the data. 

The figure you are mentioning is in 20 million births in 2019.

Well, according to some sources, this problem is not being solved. In 1972, the sex ratio at birth in India was 106 male births per 100 female births, while in 2017 (last year I found data), it was 111 male births per 100 female births, which is a huge difference compared to Western countries (105-106 in average).

29 minutes ago, Cobi said:

Well, according to some sources, this problem is not being solved. In 1972, the sex ratio at birth in India was 106 male births per 100 female births, while in 2017 (last year I found data), it was 111 male births per 100 female births, which is a huge difference compared to Western countries (105-106 in average).

Ok So one thing is first point of the source says that births are not equal. So it is 105-100. So the one point I agree is about the desire for a boy. In a lot of communities and religious homes, this is common belief. But that doesn't mean feamle foeticide is undertaken by all. In most urban and educated families the urge for male children is decreasing. 

One more point, you are mentioning the stat of 1972. I don't know how accurate the stats are. I don't consider most stats before 1990's because most of them are not reliable in Indian perspective.

Last point is one of the common things now is birth certificate. This is compulsory for everyone. Before 90's there was not a lot of emphasis on  recording your child birth and all. 

hace 35 minutos, Shravan Kumar dijo:

Ok So one thing is first point of the source says that births are not equal. So it is 105-100. So the one point I agree is about the desire for a boy. In a lot of communities and religious homes, this is common belief. But that doesn't mean feamle foeticide is undertaken by all. In most urban and educated families the urge for male children is decreasing. 

One more point, you are mentioning the stat of 1972. I don't know how accurate the stats are. I don't consider most stats before 1990's because most of them are not reliable in Indian perspective.

Last point is one of the common things now is birth certificate. This is compulsory for everyone. Before 90's there was not a lot of emphasis on  recording your child birth and all. 

The development of India is undeniable. The country is progressing a lot and I'm sure you are going to succeed in Tokyo with more than 10 medals, which is usually a good indicator of social and economic development.

I have never been to India, even though I plan to travel there in 2 or 3 years so I have been reading about the country, and it seems that cities are now "more organized" (I don't know how to express exactly this idea in English). However, as was mentioned before, India is enormous, so an important part of the population lives in small cities or towns, and these places have not followed the same growth that the rest of the country. So I think the country is on the right path, but the government stills have a lot to do.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Now it's officially said be herself, so I can say it too - Rio 2016 bronze medalist Oktawia Nowacka stopped her preparations for Tokyo 2020 Games. No, it's not an effect of coronavirus outbreak.

Wait what, why , injuries ?

15 hours ago, penthatlonfan said:

Wait what, why , injuries ?

Rather mental health. She didn't cope with the Rio success, as you probably noticed she didn't start a lot in the last three seasons and now she says she wants to concentrate on other things than sport results.

2 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Rather mental health. She didn't cope with the Rio success, as you probably noticed she didn't start a lot in the last three seasons and now she says she wants to concentrate on other things than sport results.

Yeah that happened with Ruta meilutyte too,after rio, in a movie about her , there was even thoughts of suicide:(

On 13/03/2020 at 15:45, Vojthas said:

Good thing she pulled the brakes before it got too much out of hand then. Everyone who has an Olympic medal had an excellent career basically, best of luck to her.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

No qualification in 2020, 2021 World Champs in Minsk as the last chance (even if this year will be held), ranking closing after that (14 June 2021) with all the points earned by now saved as well as 2021 World Cups (including Final) and World Champs the only ranking events remaining so far, yet to be confirmed in May.

• 11 months later...

The athletes who are currently on the qualifying spots after the first event in Sofia, three more events to go.

Men's

:HUN  Ádám Marosi

:GER  Marvin Faly Dogue / Fabian Liebig / Christian Zillekens

:BLR  Ilya Palazkov

:EGY  Ahmed Elgendy

:IRL  Arthur Lanigan-O'Keeffe

:UKR  Pavlo Tymoshchenko

:CZE  Jan Kuf

:ESP  Aleix Heredia Vives

Women's

:GBR  Joanna Muir / Francesca Summers

:RUS  Gulnaz Gubaydullina / Uliana Batashova