website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ECA European Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

George_D

Not sure what we can expect here, Our biggest hoepe Ivana Kmeťová is pregnant and will skip this season, thus we lost chance for a female representative in this sport, the other girls are still too young and inexperienced.

but I am interested in one name Lisa Maria Gamsjäger and how she will do in her debut at international senior level, this girl has a really interesting CV worth a Hollywood script.

She was born in Austria to Austrian father and Slovak mother, her father left them after her birth, she moved to Slovakia (Komárno) with her mother when she was 2 years old,

at 9 she watched Canoeing Slalom at the Olympics and decided to become a future star of this sport, but in Komárno they have only canoeing Sprint club and venue, so she accepted and started this sport, but seeing there more chances and financial funds of this sport in Hungary she moved to Gyor at 14 and started attending Hungarian school, at 15 received Hungarian citizenship and started competing for Hungary, won various medals at Juniors ad U23 Eurpean competitions in K2 & K4.

In 2019 after graduation she decided to end her career. the sport did no more entertaining her. she looked for a job and found one quickly, worked as a flight attendant in a large flying company. But in 2020 the coronavirus came and she lost her job...

Our M K4 head coach contacted her in summer and invited her to try to return to canoeing in our country again, so she agreed, restarted her career, trainings etc... and now ? well, last month she won the Slovak internal qualification for K1-200m women. and will try the Olympic qualifiers this week.

Obviously there no big chane of success, she does not have the speed and strength against other trained and established athletes, but why not in Paris 2024 ?

All in all, a quota from Szeged may be a bit hard to obtain, if you ask me to bet, I would say Matej Rusnák in M-C1 should be our biggest chance here though

Live stream

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

I would say Matej Rusnák in M-C1 should be our biggest chance here though

well, or maybe not :lol: That was a pretty disappointing performance by Matej. I think it is safe to say, We are not going sadly to add anyone else to our canoeing sprint squad I am afraid.

Will be one of the smallest team in Tokyo composed only by mens Kayak and again as usual everything will turn around the K4...yeah, disappointing without M Canoe and any female representative, but what can we do, it is how it is :d

2 hours ago, szy123 said:

Is someone able to enlighten me how these qualifiers work? Especially what I should know from Polish perspective. It seems kinda confusing. 

:POL has entries in MK1 200/1000, WK1/WC2 500 and MK2 1000.

Winner of MK2 1000 gets the boat quota, as do the top two in WK1/WC2 500 and MK1 200/1000. However, nations in top two of both MK1 events only get 1000 quota; 200 quota passes on to highest-placed nation not qualified in the 1000. (Same goes for WK1 200/500.)

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

what are the chances of france in k1 1000 m?

close to 0...

looking at this morning's heats, DEN and BEL are a class apart...I'd be surprised if they don't fight for the top 2 places...

in the men's C1 1000m, instead, I hope Tacchini would eventually show all of his talent, after wasting the last few seasons because of the idiotic policy of our federation, who forced him to waste time and energy in the age competitions all year long instead of focusing on the truly important senior events...

1 minute ago, Jack Gonçalves said:

When it says 1-2 to Tokyo it means that both first and second are qualified or that the first is qualified and the second might be??? 

in men's K1 1000m the first 2 are qualified...

you can see how many places in each event are available in post #6 in this same thread...