website statistics

Some Tokyo 2020 olympics medal posts

Some Tokyo olympics medal polls  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most gold medals in Tokyo olympics?

• China
    • United States
    • Any other
  2. 2. Who will be 3rd in the Tokyo olympics medal table, according to number of gold medals won?

• Australia
    • France
    • Germany
    • Great Britian
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Korea Rep.
    • Netherlands
    • Russian Olympic Committee
    • Any other
  3. 3. These are some countries which didn't get a gold medal in Rio. Which of them will get a gold in Tokyo? (Multiple choice)

• Algeria
    • Austria
    • Bulgaria
    • Egypt
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • India
    • Ireland
    • Israel
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Malaysia
    • Mexico
    • Mongolia
    • Morocco
    • Nigeria
    • Norway
    • Peru
    • Philippines
    • Portugal
    • Qatar
    • Venezuela

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

Just realised we haven't mentioned the :NOR handball women's team yet. Norway could very well go from 0 to 3 golds. 

don't forget they have some chances also in men's Handball, Shooting (men's skeet, men and women's 3-position rifle), Rowing (men's 1X and L2X), the Ingebritsens in Athletics and maybe even men's Triathlon and Sailing...

of course they won't get all those medals, but I'm sure they will do a lot better than in Rio...

17 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

If you really see it like that, you are definitely wrong. At the worst they will finish 5th in terms of gold medals. In swimming alone they could win 5 golds. Would be surprising if they win less than 20 golds and there aren’t 6 other nations that could win 20 golds or more.

Indeed, GB will definitely win more than 20 gold medals.

In swimming events they have realistic gold chances with Duncan Scott in several events, Adam Peaty in the 100 breast and the 4x100 medley men and mixed. 

In track cycling they will probably win all the events, but normally for sure women's omnium, madison, men's sprinting and pursuit. 

In rowing they have 6 very strong teams in the men's four, eight and double sculls, and women's light double sculls, quadruple sculls and pair. 

Only in these 3 sports I already count 14 gold medals. And don't forget GB has a very strong women's football team, I think GB is a team that can surprise the US.

2 hours ago, CCB said:

Indeed, GB will definitely win more than 20 gold medals.

In swimming events they have realistic gold chances with Duncan Scott in several events, Adam Peaty in the 100 breast and the 4x100 medley men and mixed. 

In track cycling they will probably win all the events, but normally for sure women's omnium, madison, men's sprinting and pursuit. 

In rowing they have 6 very strong teams in the men's four, eight and double sculls, and women's light double sculls, quadruple sculls and pair. 

Only in these 3 sports I already count 14 gold medals. And don't forget GB has a very strong women's football team, I think GB is a team that can surprise the US.

1) I was thinking about the following gold medal chances in swimming: Men’s 200 free (Scott and Dean), men’s 200 IM (Scott), men’s 100 breast, men’s medley relay, men’s 800 free relay.

2) I think the chance of them winning all track cycling golds is less than 1 %. Especially in women’s sprint events they are way off. Realistically they won’t win more than 4 or 5 golds.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.