website statistics

Some Tokyo 2020 olympics medal posts

Some Tokyo olympics medal polls  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most gold medals in Tokyo olympics?

• China
    • United States
    • Any other
  2. 2. Who will be 3rd in the Tokyo olympics medal table, according to number of gold medals won?

• Australia
    • France
    • Germany
    • Great Britian
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Korea Rep.
    • Netherlands
    • Russian Olympic Committee
    • Any other
  3. 3. These are some countries which didn't get a gold medal in Rio. Which of them will get a gold in Tokyo? (Multiple choice)

• Algeria
    • Austria
    • Bulgaria
    • Egypt
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • India
    • Ireland
    • Israel
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Malaysia
    • Mexico
    • Mongolia
    • Morocco
    • Nigeria
    • Norway
    • Peru
    • Philippines
    • Portugal
    • Qatar
    • Venezuela

10 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Things have changed. I no longer see Britain getting enough golds from those sports like Rio. 

well, it's already 12 different sports...if they get 3/4 gold medals in Track Cycling, 2/3 in Rowing and a couple in Taekwondo and Equestrianism + 1 each in all the others, they're already close to 20...;)

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Even I don't see Great Britain in top 6. Don't know from where you are giving them chance for a top 4.

If you really see it like that, you are definitely wrong. At the worst they will finish 5th in terms of gold medals. In swimming alone they could win 5 golds. Would be surprising if they win less than 20 golds and there aren’t 6 other nations that could win 20 golds or more.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

44 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, it's already 12 different sports...if they get 3/4 gold medals in Track Cycling, 2/3 in Rowing and a couple in Taekwondo and Equestrianism + 1 each in all the others, they're already close to 20...;)

Not sure how realistic 2 golds for GB in equestrian is ...

On the other hand they should win at least 2 golds in swimming, probably more.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

well, it all depends on Judo and women's Wrestling...they could easily win 11/12 gold medals between those 2 sports...

and then the 20 Gold medal target is not a dreamy one...add something in Softball, Baseball, Gymnastics, Trampoline, Karate (at least the 2 Kata events), Skateboarding (women's Park is a locked Gold), the 2 men's Race Walking events in Athletics, maybe something in Archery and Sailing (both 470 classes)...

I mean, it might be extremely optimistic, but it's not totally out of order (if everything works in their favor)...

I don’t care about the new sports and I don’t count them, so maybe you are right. If we only count the same sports as in 2016, then I absolutely don’t see them winning 20+ golds.

Norway (Warholm and any of Ingebritsen brothers in athletics) and India (shooting) are more than 100% sure to have gold there, imo.

I voted also for Bulgaria (weightlifting) and Nigeria (athletics), although there chances for gold are less than in case of India and Norway.

7 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

I think I could have added Uganda, Namibia, Ecuador and Burkina Faso to the above list of potential gold medal contenders.

Any ideas on other countries as well?

Actually that's the reason I wanted to have this poll late when we are clear with the competitors. 

Ecuador will likely win at least 2 medals this time. If the chinese doesn't enter in 76kg weightlifting, Naisi Dajomes becomes a gold medal favourite with 10kg lead but then don't know how much other's will improve and if she can match her best but yes depends on what china chooses. Clearer picture will come by July 1st week.