website statistics

Poll 17/100 | Which is your favourite Aquatic sport?

Poll 17/100  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Aquatic sport at the Olympics?

• Sailing
    • Rowing
    • Canoeing
    • Swimming
    • Water Polo
    • Diving
    • Artistic Swimming
    • Surfing
    • All of the above
    • None of the above

Nothing much wrong with swimming in theory...

But given how much it is based around just a couple of powerhouse nations (and not to mention FINA's poor governance), I am surprised how it still wins this poll in a landslide...

#banbestmen

Swimming by a country mile :d 

I do like platform diving as well. I find rowing a bit hard to follow sometimes, I always mix up all the different classes and it's not made easier with the main focus always being on nations instead of athletes :p 

The thing I don't like about swimming is the insane amount of events, the similarity between a lot of events and the consequence of that: athletes who will obviously win more medals than in other sports, followed by media designating them "greatest Olympians ever" because of the medal counts. I'd like it much more if there was one breaststroke champion, one backstroke champion and so on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!