website statistics

Poll 17/100 | Which is your favourite Aquatic sport?

Poll 17/100  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Aquatic sport at the Olympics?

• Sailing
    • Rowing
    • Canoeing
    • Swimming
    • Water Polo
    • Diving
    • Artistic Swimming
    • Surfing
    • All of the above
    • None of the above

since I could only pick 1 sport, I went with Swimming, but to be honest, a multiple choice poll would have been more accurate, as I love also Rowing, Canoeing (especially the Slalom events) and Sailing (especially the windsurfing class)...

on the other hand, I'm not a big fan of either Diving and Surf, even if I could enjoy the highest level of competition and the fight for the medals in both disciplines...

meanwhile having Artistic Swimming under the category sport, it's just a farce, an insult to the true sports...that's just an entertaining (for some people, at least) artistic activity that has nothing to do with a competition and any objective judging criteria...it should be removed from the Olympics immediately...actually, it should have never been named an olympic discipline...:finger: :pope: :stop:

Terribly tough one among the 4 top ones (on the list). Have been following sailing more and more. Meanwhile it was a pleasure watching the canoeing sprint in London. Swimming is one of the top events and home of Olympic legends and rowing means a lot to modern Danish Olympics! But I ended up selecting sailing.

I went with swimming, but I do have to say there is maybe a bit too much swimming in the Olympics (amount of events/medals). Rowing is a close second. Both are sports that are really core to watching the Olympics to me.

Like others said, this was a surprisingly difficult choice. I went with canoeing, but sailing and artistic swimming were close to getting my vote.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I like rowing very much, especially in the Olympics. Back in London 2012, I visited Eton Dorney and enjoyed the races so much! Swimming is a close second for me, although I really don't like the longer freestyle distances.