website statistics

Ski Jumping 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

Werloc

59 minutes ago, mihamiha said:

this season is gonna be hard to beat.

just like maze did in alpine skiing

Yeah if you're expecting Prevc to repeat this season, you're probably gonna end up disappointed :d 

This was just stunning :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 months later...

After what feels like a gazillion years, Miran Tepes will quit his job "at the traffic lights" in men's competitions :( 

He will go to the women, and be replaced by Czech ex-jumper Borek Sedlak.

http://www.skispringen.com/news,id4823,neuer-mann-ampel-miran-tepes-hoert.html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

After what feels like a gazillion years, Miran Tepes will quit his job "at the traffic lights" in men's competitions :( 

He will go to the women, and be replaced by Czech ex-jumper Borek Sedlak.

http://www.skispringen.com/news,id4823,neuer-mann-ampel-miran-tepes-hoert.html

Too bad he can't take the other criminal Hoffer with him. At least we can hope for a somewhat fair competition.

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Too bad he can't take the other criminal Hoffer with him. At least we can hope for a somewhat fair competition.

Criminal? :lol:

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Criminal? :lol:

Yup, the shananigans those 2 have done with gates, winds, suits over the years that i have watched this sport are countless. After boxing and gymnastics, ski-jumping is for me the next sport in line with biased officials. 

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Yup, the shananigans those 2 have done with gates, winds, suits over the years that i have watched this sport are countless. After boxing and gymnastics, ski-jumping is for me the next sport in line with biased officials. 

I have watched almost every competition in the last 2-3 years and the only problems I saw were those that would not have been solved with literally anyone else there. Yeah, that happens when there is wind.

There is only one thing that would change anything about that: never have ski jumping competitions outdoor anymore. I'm quite confident that someone else than Hofer/Tepes being in charge would not have made it a damn bit better :) 

But of course I understand people blame them when the wind causes unfair conditions, it's easier than actually blaming the natural circumstances, so it's understandable indeed. 

Edited by heywoodu

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I have watched almost every competition in the last 2-3 years and the only problems I saw were those that would not have been solved with literally anyone else there. Yeah, that happens when there is wind.

There is only one thing that would change anything about that: never have ski jumping competitions outdoor anymore. I'm quite confident that someone else than Hofer/Tepes being in charge would not have made it a damn bit better :) 

But of course I understand people blame them when the wind causes unfair conditions, it's easier than actually blaming the natural circumstances, so it's understandable indeed. 

Funny how those circumstances are never against the austrians and germans. And the few times they are we will just cancel the whole round *cough* Schlirenzauer *cough* 4-hills. I'll try and keep count for next season, but i hope with Sedlak things will be more fairer to the smaller teams.

Just now, Federer91 said:

Funny how those circumstances are never against the austrians and germans. And the few times they are we will just cancel the whole round *cough* Schlirenzauer *cough* 4-hills. I'll try and keep count for next season, but i hope with Sedlak things will be more fairer to the smaller teams.

I'll do my best to help out with that, because numbers say more than feelings :p 

And don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a fan of the smaller teams usually.

Now that I'm talking to you about smaller teams anyway: how's Zografski doing? He used to be someone who might have a good break through in the World Cup, but he's nearly invisible lately.. 

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'll do my best to help out with that, because numbers say more than feelings :p 

And don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a fan of the smaller teams usually.

Now that I'm talking to you about smaller teams anyway: how's Zografski doing? He used to be someone who might have a good break through in the World Cup, but he's nearly invisible lately.. 

Yeah, i'm afraid Vladi Zografski is going to be just a flash. His smaller body just prevents him from having a fast runaway and then the winds just bounce him around. Plus his morale has been bellow minimum after the failed couple of seasons. Even having Pointner around for some coaching tips didn't improve much of his technique. I hope to see him rejuvinated for next season and at least get some points here and there. That should be the max that is expected from him.