website statistics

Winter World University Games 2023

Totallympics

Here’s the new, revamped, officially launched website: https://www.lakeplacid2023.com

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I missed it during The World Games, but team selections were announced for curling and ice hockey.

M Ice Hockey - :CAN:CZE:GBR:HUN:JPN:KAZ:KOR:LAT:SVK:SWE:UKR:USA
W Ice Hockey - :CAN:CZE:GBR:JPN:SVK:USA

M Curling - :BRA:CAN:CZE:GBR:JPN:KOR:NOR:SUI:SWE:USA
W Curling - :AUS:CAN:CHN:ESP:GBR:JPN:KOR:SUI:SWE:USA

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I missed it during The World Games, but team selections were announced for curling and ice hockey.

M Ice Hockey - :CAN:CZE:GBR:HUN:JPN:KAZ:KOR:LAT:SVK:SWE:UKR:USA
W Ice Hockey - :CAN:CZE:GBR:JPN:SVK:USA

M Curling - :BRA:CAN:CZE:GBR:JPN:KOR:NOR:SUI:SWE:USA
W Curling - :AUS:CAN:CHN:ESP:GBR:JPN:KOR:SUI:SWE:USA

Hungary in men's hockey and Brazil in curling is a surprise!

• 5 months later...

Is there a list of broadcasting rights outside the US? I remember in 2017 things were streamed on FISU's own platform quite a bit, but I don't really remember how easy it was to rewatch things. I'm not going to take holidays for the Universiade :p so especially combined with the time difference I'll depend on being able to watch it non-live.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is there a list of broadcasting rights outside the US? I remember in 2017 things were streamed on FISU's own platform quite a bit, but I don't really remember how easy it was to rewatch things. I'm not going to take holidays for the Universiade :p so especially combined with the time difference I'll depend on being able to watch it non-live.

FISU.TV is still a thing. It was pretty good during the last two Universaides in 2019, and they still have full replays available. Link: https://www.fisu.tv

This is what their website reads regarding Lake Placid 2023: “Get ready for the Lake Placid 2023 FISU World University Games Winter on 12-22 January. 1600 Student-athletes, 12 sports, and over 50 countries. Follow all your favourite winter sports live on FISU.tv. Subscribe now for free and don't miss out on live notifications and access to replays and video on demand.”

It might not be available in the U.S./Canada during the Games, as ESPN and TSN have the broadcast rights.

52 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Haven’t done a complete survey, but of the sports from A-C…..:)

Alpine, Biathlon, Cross-Country & Curling (late stages only) are all on Discovery+ at least,  which is perfect.

If anyone wants to cross-check the full list, go to the All Sports section of Discovery+ & click Upcoming.

Edited by Grassmarket

19 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Haven’t done a complete survey, but of the sports from A-C…..:)

Alpine, Biathlon, Cross-Country & Curling (late stages only) are all on Discovery+ at least,  which is perfect.

If anyone wants to cross-check the full list, go to the All Sports section of Discovery+ & click Upcoming.

With the Eurosport Player sadly reaching it's final end in two weeks or so, a switch to Discovery+ might finally be unavoidable. Too bad, the Player has such an excellent video player and easy to navigate website (with zero spoilers).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And now that we're on it anyway, is there a better competition schedule than the one on the official website? :d 

https://www.lakeplacid2023.com/competition-schedule/

Spoiler

tiny-text.gif