website statistics

Poll 15/100 | Which mixed gender event are you most excited to watch at Tokyo?

Poll 15/100  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which mixed gender event(s) are you most excited for at Tokyo?

• Mixed Doubles (Table Tennis)
    • Mixed Doubles ( Tennis)
    • Mixed Team (Judo)
    • Mixed 4 * 400 m Relay (Athletics)
    • Mixed Team Shooting (Trap/Rifle/Pistol)
    • Mixed 4 *100 Medley (Swimming)
    • Mixed Team Recurve (Archery)
    • Mixed Relay (Triathlon)
    • Mixed Doubles (Badminton)

I find mixed relays really difficult to follow and I don't know if mixed team events like in judo really add that much. I do enjoy mixed doubles in badminton (haven't seen the tennis or table tennis variants) though!

Triathlon Relay and Archery competition are the only 2 "mixed gender" events that makes sense to me...

so, I picked those 2 options...

I know that mixed doubles in racket sports have a long tradition, but still I'm definitely not a fan, as I don't think men and women can/should play a "phisical" game directly against each other...

the Judo, Swimming and Athletics farce...well, I hope they get cancelled as soon as possible...

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

I don't think men and women can/should play a "phisical" game directly against each other...

? it's 2021. While T-T doesn't have huge difference in men and women competing together,Tennis usually have women at the nets. Badminton had the same until Sapsiree Taerattetenachai broke the wrong concept ( she plays at the back with huge smashes which even the men find it hard to return and her partner is at net). Now we see more and more of mixed doubles having switching partners net and at the back in mixed doubles badminton, really making it a must watch. 

7 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

? it's 2021. While T-T doesn't have huge difference in men and women competing together,Tennis usually have women at the nets. Badminton had the same until Sapsiree Taerattetenachai broke the wrong concept ( she plays at the back with huge smashes which even the men find it hard to return and her partner is at net). Now we see more and more of mixed doubles having switching partners net and at the back in mixed doubles badminton, really making it a must watch. 

Nobody will ever convince me that men and women have comparable physical skills on average...in 1500, in 2021, in 2250...

that's why they shouldn't compete against each other, even in sports with a net separating them and not having a true physical contact between them...

there could always be very few exceptions (which normally are used to justify the existence of that specific event), but normally women just don't have the same strenght, speed and endurance of an equally trained man...

that's why they shouldn't compete against each other, not for some obscure or antiquate reason...that must be clear...

p.s. not saying that sometimes it might be fun to watch, but still, I don't think it's a good thing to have that kind of (normally unbalanced towards the male side) events...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Nobody will ever convince me that men and women have comparable physical skills on average...in 1500, in 2021, in 2250...

that's why they shouldn't compete against each other, even in sports with a net separating them and not having a true physical contact between them...

there could always be very few exceptions (which normally are used to justify the existence of that specific event), but normally women just don't have the same strenght, speed and endurance of an equally trained man...

that's why they shouldn't compete against each other, not for some obscure or antiquate reason...that must be clear...

p.s. not saying that sometimes it might be fun to watch, but still, I don't think it's a good thing to have that kind of (normally unbalanced towards the male side) events...

In mixed doubles the imbalance is not a bug, it’s a feature. A lot of the strategy revolves around it.