website statistics

Athletics WA World Relays 2021

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, rybak said:

Earlier :AUS and now :JAM withdrew from next week World Relays due to covid travell restrictions. :USA also isn't scheduled to compete...

I think there is no point to have the event 

8 minutes ago, Braulio said:

I think there is no point to have the event 

"World Athletics Relays, 1-2 May 2021 The first eight (8) placed NOCs at the World Athletics Relays Silesia 2021 shall automatically qualify for the relay evens at the 2020 Olympic Games. In case an NOC already qualified through the World Athletics Championships Doha 2019, the remaining places will be allocated according to the World Athletics Top Performance Lists of 29 June 2021."

https://olimpiyatkomitesi.org.tr/Tokyo2020_Branslar/Atletizm.pdf

But having all these other relay events in these times is maybe a bit much. But yes it's really lowering the level without especially Jamaica and USA.

3 minutes ago, rybak said:

There is one, at least, our guys in 4x400 and girls in 4x100 should qualify :d 

I think they were going to qualify anyway but thinking about Australia chances I don't know if they already qualified but given this now they wont

5 minutes ago, Braulio said:

I think they were going to qualify anyway but thinking about Australia chances I don't know if they already qualified but given this now they wont

Sadly Australia didn't have qualified any relay through 2019 World Championships. So, they will not compete in all 5 relays.

Edit: Due to withdrawal of Jamaica they will not compete in Tokyo also in men's 4x100 relay!

8 minutes ago, rybak said:

Sadly Australia didn't have qualified any relay through 2019 World Championships. So, they will not compete in all 5 relays.

Edit: Due to withdrawal of Jamaica they will not compete in Tokyo also in men's 4x100 relay!

What??? NO Jamaica?? maybe the IOC will give them a wildcard/special entry??? 

Australia also pulled out of the Diving Olympic Qualifier next week, so their diving team (strong one) will be just 7 out of 12 posible quotas

Unfair both scenarios for jamaicans/australians 

1 minute ago, Braulio said:

Australia also pulled out of the Diving Olympic Qualifier next week, so their diving team (strong one) will be just 7 out of 12 posible quotas

There is no wild card available in relay events, but I believe that IOC and WA will give Jamaica special entry as you said.

Do you have an entry list for diving qualifier?

11 minutes ago, Braulio said:

Not sure what you mean here. Have they changed the qualifying process for relays?