website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

25 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Final entries count is 458 athletes from 84 countries, which i think is a record number of countries in the Covid era? 

Judo Grand Slam in :TUR Antalya had 432 athletes competing from 91 nations. So, more nations but less athletes than here, in Bulgaria.

Péter Bácsi said that he would be satisfied with 3-4 Hungarian quotas from this event. As if we would ever win that many quotas here, did he pay attention at the European qualifier? I wouldn't even be surprised if we won't win any quotas in Sofia. 

On 28/04/2021 at 18:08, MHSN said:

here are the favorites for each weight based on the entry list, I divide them to level 1 and level 2.

Seeds for Greco, from these guys I think only Kakhelashvili has a good chance to qualify. for most of these guys that's mission impossible.

60: :COL Toro :CRO Lizatovic

67: :UZB Bakhshilloev :IND Ashu

77: :VEN Rivas :LTU Galkinas

87: :IND Sunil :VEN Avendano

97: :ITA Kakhelashvili :CZE Omarov

130: :VEN Perez :USA Coon

I already wrote my predictions about the Greco, Greco is much more unpredictable. I won't be surprised to see some new names in the final. and I really think some of those European wrestlers will regret competing in Poland very close to this competition.

I cant find your predictions about the GR. :mumble:

well, it is now or never, I guess for that dreamed and so greatly coveted :SVK quota in a combat sport. It has been 8 years from that Milan Randl single Judo match in London 2012, 12 years from last wrestling bout of Slovak represetative on the Olympic mat.

Tajmuraz our hopes are with you dude ! but, yeah, no pressure :p

24 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Péter Bácsi said that he would be satisfied with 3-4 Hungarian quotas from this event. As if we would ever win that many quotas here, did he pay attention at the European qualifier? I wouldn't even be surprised if we won't win any quotas in Sofia. 

Well, i think every nation has high hopes for qualifiers :d Our team is also thinking of 5-6-7 quotas, in like their dreams :d The thing is that there are so many good names still left, that anything is possible. The reduced quotas has really made these qualifiers a bloodbath... The draw tomorrow will paint a clearer picture.

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I actually read that post before. :)

Funny how random they chose top seeds. I mean - Pavel Lyakh? 

Ok, i am aware that there is ranking on which they base seeds but just because Kim didnt wrestle as much, doesnt mean he should be underranked. Ok, i am obviously fan of Viktor Nemes, having him wrestle Kim in 1/4 final wouldnt be my dream come true but objectively speaking, shouldnt best ones compete in the final? 

But ok...rules are rules.