website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

and he has been punished big time for that...:facepalm: :wall:

however, something must have happened to him in the last 12 months...I remember him a lot stronger, capable of throwing wrestlers around the mat with no apparent effort...nowadays he just can't throw anybody...and going to the European champs 2 weeks ago wasn't a brilliant idea from our federation...

to me, this is the second most painful missed qualification so far (behind only the women's team in Waterpolo)...:cry:

it's sad not to see italy in water polo among women ... we should frankly review the quotas given to australia! why not bring together oceania and asia for team sports

7 hours ago, Benolympique said:

it's sad not to see italy in water polo among women ... we should frankly review the quotas given to australia! why not bring together oceania and asia for team sports

I agree, especially since we combine the Americas. It is ridiculous that Australia gets so many teams in team sports without having to do anything, and then European qualification is so difficult.

Greece 2009-12 had an amazing Olympic cycle in women's water polo. 2009 we were 4th at World Championships, 2010 we were 2nd at European Championships, 2011 we won the World Championships and 2012 we were 2nd again at European Championships. But we didn't qualify for London. So unfair.

8 hours ago, Benolympique said:

Mostly because Asia doesn't want the increased competition. It's not like Australia is some weak sporting nation. Australia (or New Zealand) likely takes a hypothetical combined continental quotas of basketball, field hockey, rugby sevens and water polo without too much issue. Heck I would argue that Australia is a top 12 nation in all of those sports

Honestly the issue you have is with continental quotas.