website statistics

Women's Football Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

21 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Germany was close in 2018, only losing against Russia in last minute. I also believe that USA has the potential to win hockey gold on the women's side.

Haha lol.. Lets see if USA can qualify first for Summer Olympics this time. Even if they do there is a 100% chance they won't win any medal soon. 

On 30/06/2019 at 09:29, Fly_like_a_don said:

Haha lol.. Lets see if USA can qualify first for Summer Olympics this time. Even if they do there is a 100% chance they won't win any medal soon. 

I didn't say that they have a shot at winning gold in 2020, but they have been world-class in the past and i believe that they could get there again. No other country has a better shot at winning gold in field hockey and ice hockey. I see no way that Canada, Sweden, Czech Republic or Russia (maybe they have a tiny chance on the women's side some day) will win gold in field hockey in our lifetime. I think we can also agree that Argentina, the Netherlands, Australia, Spain, Pakistan, India, Zimbabwe or New Zealand won't win ice hockey gold anytime soon ...

I would say USA has the best chance ahead of Germany and Russia/Canada. Germany might have a shot to win hockey gold in 2022 if all the big nations compete without their NHL players and if for some reason Draisaitl, Grubauer, Kahun and Seider will play for Germany.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

And they will play for the non qualified women team on top of that !

Well I, for one, find that a little unfair :mad:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

New dates for Women’s Olympic Football Tournament Tokyo 2020 Asian Qualifiers Play-off matches between :CHN China and :KOR South Korea, February 19 and 24, 2021. 

https://www.the-afc.com/competitions/olympic-games/latest/news/dates-for-women-s-olympic-asian-qualifiers-play-off-final-confirmed