website statistics

Rowing FISA Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

No, they will only be given the host quota if they failed to qualify any men's or women's boats.

So what could happen is they could take the two men's or two women's boats and then take the host quota of the other gender.

But only if they win both of the events right?

36 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Wait, so could there be an extra spot available in W1X? Reallocation for the Olympic qualifying regatta in Lucerne?

Yes maybe. but just maybe. it depends on Japan and Iran.

there are 6 possible scenarios for Japan (have to pick 2 out of 4 events) and 2 for Iran (between M1X and W1X) which means a total of 12 different situations. I believe in some of them there will be one spot left unused for W1X.

Iran Canoeing/Rowing Federation announced they will make a decision next week. I assume the NOC is more interested in the W1X quota to increase the number of female athletes in the delegation. but nothing is guaranteed and the NOC doesn't have the final say here. that's up to the national federation.

I could have written sutch kind f rules, or wors, gie all nations one qita  whateer standard they hae, because Olympic Games is different than other sprting games, the importans is not winng but fithin well, hae you all forgotten Baron  Piere.

this is what I posted in another thread

https://www.jara.or.jp/national/2021/202105007_asian_oceanian_TOKYO2020_qualification.html

This link says that Japan select LW2X and M1X

Iran has to pick between M1X and W1X, they both finished 2nd

and Indonesia has to pick between LM2X and LW2X, they both finished 4th, but they are 3rd actually removing JPN LM2X and IRN LW2X

by my count the followings are 100% qualified no matter what

LM2X: :IND:UZB

LW2X: :JPN:VIE

M1X: :JPN:KAZ:PHI:IRQ

W1X: :TPE:QAT:SGP

it's a sure thing the remaining quotas go for :IRI:INA:HKG:KOR:THA

KOR and HKG are 5th in LW2X and LM2X, Indonesia's choice will decide about them too. and whoever doesn't qualify here will take the W1X spot.

and Thailand has to wait for Iran's decision. if Iran picks W1X, Thailand will qualify in M1X and vice versa

there will be no reallocation unless someone doesn't accept the quota which is unlikely

-----------

is this the first time a female Qatari athlete qualifies ? (I mean without wild card)

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

this is what I posted in another thread

https://www.jara.or.jp/national/2021/202105007_asian_oceanian_TOKYO2020_qualification.html

This link says that Japan select LW2X and M1X

Iran has to pick between M1X and W1X, they both finished 2nd

and Indonesia has to pick between LM2X and LW2X, they both finished 4th, but they are 3rd actually removing JPN LM2X and IRN LW2X

by my count the followings are 100% qualified no matter what

LM2X: :IND:UZB

LW2X: :JPN:VIE

W1X: :TPE:QAT:SGP

it's a sure thing the remaining quotas go for :IRI:INA:HKG:KOR:THA

KOR and HKG are 5th in LW2X and LM2X, Indonesia's choice will decide about them too. and whoever doesn't qualify here will take the W1X spot.

and Thailand has to wait for Iran's decision. if Iran picks W1X, Thailand will qualify in M1X and vice versa

there will be no reallocation unless someone doesn't accept the quota which is unlikely

-----------

is this the first time a female Qatari athlete qualifies ? (I mean without wild card)

On the other hand, Indonesian Olympic Committee and PODSI (rowing fed) already confirmed that they has got the LW2x quota. The head coach said that Iran "withdrew" (I think he meant refuse the quota) thus giving it to the Indonesians.

https://sport.detik.com/sport-lain/d-5565492/selamat-dayung-amankan-satu-tiket-ke-olimpiade-2020-tokyo

2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

On the other hand, Indonesian Olympic Committee and PODSI (rowing fed) already confirmed that they has got the LW2x quota. The head coach said that Iran "withdrew" (I think he meant refuse the quota) thus giving it to the Indonesians.

https://sport.detik.com/sport-lain/d-5565492/selamat-dayung-amankan-satu-tiket-ke-olimpiade-2020-tokyo

thanks. one problem solved

technically Iran didn't refuse it. they would probably take it if they had the chance. (simply because 2>1) but two other Iranians finished 2nd in other events. and per rules Iran has to pick between M1X and W1X

so that means

LM2X: :IND:UZB:HKG

LW2X: :JPN:VIE:INA

W1X: :TPE:QAT:SGP:KOR

the last 1X quotas are between Iran and Thailand

Kuwait is the only NOC who participated at the AQT and finished the races , yet not qualified for the Olympics