website statistics

Diving FINA World Cup 2021

George_D

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Will :KOR Woo Ha-ram complete the set of obtaining every single men's quota?

I really doubt it. 3m synchro for men already is too crowded and Korea isn't really a contender, but another surprise may happen.

Ivan Garcia was less inconsistent than at the preliminaries, so the duo looked a bit better, Randal kind of felt a bit nervous in my opinion in the final but it's kind of understandable now as a real 'senior' diver. 

They have consistent dives only the first compulsory dive gave them problems but we know that mexican divers perform poorly during the first two rounds and then rack up points with their high degree of difficulty program, today they had the highest of them all.

The 4 dives with no limit of DD ranged above 74 points and one scored 81 points if I remember correctly. So this time they were consistent but yet given the high DD they did not scored that well with 7.5 - 8.0 average in synchro. Randal was the better executing and Ivan had his usual mistakes and dirty entrances. Right now it is clear he is not in the best shape and form and with less than 3 weeks for the mexican olympic trials I don't know how he can qualify if others show better things.

Though I can see the federation sending him with Randal no matter what.

One thing is clear: right now this silver medal though is a good result you have to put your hopes not that high, it is a result that you have to consider many things like that the mexican pair did not execute and got the highest points given the high DD so they underperformed.

Today everybody failed one or two dives, just ask Germany who missed the olympic spot.

Teams like Canada & Korea failed a dive even though the have less Degree of Difficulty but were still close to Mexico.

Ukraine even with a 3.0 and 3.2 dives in their program was very close to Mexico with dives as high as 3.8 

Russia & China couples who will be at Tokyo Olympics, did not attend the event

Great Britain is very very distant, their program is incredible difficulty and great/clean execution. 

At the Olympics; Mexico could be in the mix for a medal (a bronze most likely) but they need to make great improvement with solid/clean execution something I don't see getting from Garcia.  

I can see China, Russia & Great Britain again at the podium in Tokyo, though all the 5 other teams will be very very close between them. 

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:CAN withdrew from the 3m men's due to an injury 

So :GER :RUS :UKR & :USA should be the ones to go secure the tickets. :ITA :KOR & :MAS for a possible surprise.

Out of the finals:  :AUT :DOM :KUW and either :GEO or :ESP