website statistics

Diving FINA World Cup 2021

George_D

In Rio you have 136 divers, both who started individual and in teams event was counted as 1., many was relocated for world cup in this way which I wrote. And both events had diffrent number of divers. Polish diver was 30th, he was "18" overall but limit was over with Blaha from Austria who was one place before him. It is not possible for FINA to break this rule. In women's trampoline we have only 5 athletes in both events, and probably will be less if China will send diffrent girls than in synchro. 

25 minutes ago, Adriano said:

In Rio you have 136 divers, both who started individual and in teams event was counted as 1., many was relocated for world cup in this way which I wrote. And both events had diffrent number of divers. Polish diver was 30th, he was "18" overall but limit was over with Blaha from Austria who was one place before him. It is not possible for FINA to break this rule. In women's trampoline we have only 5 athletes in both events, and probably will be less if China will send diffrent girls than in synchro. 

FINA will be forced to break their rules by the courts because of a poorly written qualification document.

Unless athletes and NOCs decide not to fight it...

Well, to be honest, we're forgetting that we have to wait for final Entry Lists. For example in Rio, 40 out of 136 athletes competed in 2 events, and 2 athletes even competed in 3 events. So the number could be very close to 136 also in Tokyo. But if the number will be exceeded, there's nothing FINA can do about it, but I also don't think IOC is going to make a big fuss about few extra athletes. Especially when theres athletics, that exceeds the quota limit every time

48 minutes ago, hckošice said:

is it possible for FINA to maintain these unfortunate Diving places by removing quotas from swimming ?

That’s what I was thinking as well. In theory that could work (assuming the total of swimming quotas haven’t been reached), but obviously that would lead to some very upset swimmers (and understandably so if they stand to receive one of those quotas), so I’m not sure how practical that solution would be.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Yes it looks like it, sorry for Molvalis and Tsirikos. They’re decent performers, but today wasn’t their day.

Thank you for your kind words. They are young so hopefully they make it to Paris 2024 :)

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

FINA will be forced to break their rules by the courts because of a poorly written qualification document.

Unless athletes and NOCs decide not to fight it...

LOL, I thought only FIG was this careless and irresponsible.