website statistics

Diving FINA World Cup 2021

George_D

Girl from China Yani Chang fell from the trampoline (some problem with leg probably). I hope she ok.

In final we have Bacon and Pickens (USA)

Montano - Mexico, Pysmenska - Ukraine, Enomoto (Japan), Heimberg (Switzerland), Jensen (UK) 

So we have 7  athletes.  

5 athletes has a quota in synchro and indivudal event, so 6 quota avaible (36/2 = 18 per event)

Bacon and Enomoto probably will perform in synchro too. So next 2 girls can win the quota.

13th - Korea. 

So for me quata goes to USA x2, Japan x1, Ukraine x1, Mexico x1, UK x 1, Switzerland x 1, Korea x 1.

First reserve (if all countries use the quota by women who gain the quota)

1#South Africa

2#Sweden

3#Brazil

___

4#Belarus

5#Russia

5#Columbia

1. Probably  nations will change something, I think China can send 2 other women for example

2. I think relocation can be done via ranking in event, for example if  Brazil is 18th, but in platform we have a girl from 17th place  unqualified for Olympic, this girl from 17th place will gain a quota. 

Germany has Tina Punzel - she gain 3 quotas (individual trampoline and trampoline/platform synchronized)

7 hours ago, mrv86 said:

According to the qualification document

B5769239-78CB-4205-A397-5504DF697A60.jpeg

So according to this, everyone NOC with a diver advancing to semis and that has not already qualified 1 or 2 divers in this particular event shall have a quota (or two).

So the following divers have now gained a spot in women’s 3m:

:USA Sarah Bacon

:MEX Aranza Vázquez Montaño

:USA Samantha Pickens

:UKR Anna Pysmenska

:JPN Haruka Enomoto

:SWE Emma Gullstrand

:SUI Michelle Heimberg

:GBR Scarlet Mew Jensen/Maria Papworth Burrel

:BRA Luana Lira

:KOR Suji Kim

However we shall wait until FINA confirms all of them advance, as document also says says “Up to 18”, meaning some of them may still be left out

what about the "Re-allocation of unused quota"??

Okay folks. I have Zero clue how and who is gaining quotas here, so please can anyone inform me about the quotas (athlets) qualified today, in order to update the qualification thread,

I see wikipedia updated both todays events, is everything there correct wiki ?.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Okay folks. I have Zero clue how and who is gaining quotas here, so please can anyone inform me about the quotas (athlets) qualified today, in order to update the qualification thread,

Thanks

I don`t think that this "interpretation" of the olympic qualification is correct. The author gives 35 quotas for the singles competition alone. If he or she does the same for the 10 m competition, there are already 70 quotas without the synchros, i.e. in cases when one or both synchro participants did not qualify for the singles competition. And there is a maximum of 68 quotas...

2 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

I don`t think that this "interpretation" of the olympic qualification is correct. The author gives 35 quotas for the singles competition alone. If he or she does the same for the 10 m competition, there are already 70 quotas without the synchros, i.e. in cases when one or both synchro participants did not qualify for the singles competition. And there is a maximum of 68 quotas...

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought. I'd rather leave it blank for now. And I'll wait for the official news.

Or @mrv86 if you want, please feel free to update the qualification thread whenever you will know more and be sure of the qualified athletes. It is your qualification Thread after all :d

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Thanks

the 18 semifinalists guaranteed their ticket for Tokyo (respecting the NOC limit etc.), so they're safe. But those reallocated quotas on Wikipedia are a guess, because no one knows how many athletes we will have competing in two events and so.... But TOP 18 is qualified officially

15 minutes ago, Matej said:

the 18 semifinalists guaranteed their ticket for Tokyo (respecting the NOC limit etc.), so they're safe. But those reallocated quotas on Wikipedia are a guess, because no one knows how many athletes we will have competing in two events and so.... But TOP 18 is qualified officially

It's not a true! In diving we have a numer 138 divers, 68 per gender,  32 for  women's teams, so 36 for two events, 18 per events. After world championships we have 34 places taken! If we have 34 places before World Cup plus 11 trampoline, and got for example 10 platform, we have 56 places, only... 12 for synchro event. You must remember about the limit! In women's trampoline only 5 places was taken by the same person in trampoline and platform. It is very depend on China, Mexico, UK who will arrive in Tokyo. In this case you will have more athletes than Fina rule in olympic system document.