website statistics

Diving FINA World Cup 2021

George_D

Qualified athletes in 3m Springboard

:GER Martin Wolfram

:FRA Alexis Jandard @Benolympique although that last dive of his was overscored.

:ESP Alberto Arévalo Alcón

:MEX Rodrigo Diego - 12 out of 12 quotas @Braulio :banana:

:NZL Anton Down-Jenkins

:ESP Nicolás García Boissier @Fran-UDA congrats 2 divers qualified.

:JAM Yona Knight-Wisdom

:DOM Jonathan Ruvalcaba (former competitor for :MEX, still living and training in his native country :thumbdown:)

:IRL Oliver Dingley @OlympicIRL

:KOR Yeongnam Kim

:CAN Thomas Ciprick

:ITA Lorenzo Marsaglia

9 minutes ago, Braulio said:

The 3m event for Mexico is not on a high note right now, can't really say we have a real contender except Celaya but only IF he has a good day

Agree, although reallistically I think Willars/Balleza in 10m synchro could be our safest option for a medal in Tokyo.

Others will make it to the final, but it will be a transition Games for Mexican diving like Athens edition.

Glad we have a FULL TEAM qualified for the Olympics I guess first time since since the synchro events are contested

Congrats to Spain for two spots!!! it's kind of a payback since they were close in the synchro but did not make it there

Ruvalcaba taking a spot for Dominican Republic, good for him though would be fair if he lived and trained there not in Mexico

And Canada grabs a spot here after all the problems they had, so the olympic dream for Gagne will be alive

3 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Agree, although reallistically I think Willars/Balleza in 10m synchro could be our safest option for a medal in Tokyo.

Others will make it to the final, but it will be a transition Games for Mexican diving like Athens edition.

For me it's kind of odd we will have quantity but maybe not that efficiency in quality (specially in synchro events) so this time a medal could be up for mexican team with 10m platform if Willars/Balleza are selected though I think Garcia closed the deal taking the silver here.

If we have a diver in the top 8 and an olympic diploma in each event I will be satisfied. There is potential for this to be achieved.

52 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Goo Jamaica

Both the Jamaican and Irish divers are from Yorkshire. Yona Knight has Jamaican and Barbadian parentage so could have competed for any of three countries. He used to train alongside many of the top British divers in his home city of Leeds. I don't know whether he still does so.

As with the women, here is the scenario for men:  there are 59 divers qualified for individual events, leaving 9 spots to reach the target 68 competitors.

From those 9, 3 will go to divers from :ITA, :JPN & :UKR, as neither of them has a second quota in the corresponding individual events in which they earned places in synchro. However, the other likely half of those duos (Marsaglia, Terauchi & Sereda) qualified in individuals so their quotas in synchro won't be counted.

So, we have 26 synchro only divers that will compete for 6 quotas.

Woo Ha-ram qualified in 3 events, and is likely to be selected in all of them, so he will vacate 2 of them, and probably so his synchro partner, so we're down to 23

Daley & either Goodfellow or Laugher will surely double, so now we have 21

For :RUS, I project Kuznetsov & Shleikher to compete in both springboard events. We take 2 off, and reach 19

The last country I'm sure will use a double starter, it's Canada in 10m (either Szombor-Murray or Riendau). 

And then there were 18/6, so no chance for reallocation in both men and women isn't likely to happen, as the target quota will be surely be surpassed in men and if those few that might remain from the women quota, are likely to be used for the male competitors.

2 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Both the Jamaican and Irish divers are from Yorkshire. Yona Knight has Jamaican and Barbadian parentage so could have competed for any of three countries. He used to train alongside many of the top British divers in his home city of Leeds. I don't know whether he still does so.

fwiw Oliver Dingley lives and trains in :IRL and has done since before the last Olympics

It is wild that Ireland now has a diving team!

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Qualified athletes in 3m Springboard

:GER Martin Wolfram

:FRA Alexis Jandard @Benolympique although that last dive of his was overscored.

:ESP Alberto Arévalo Alcón

:MEX Rodrigo Diego - 12 out of 12 quotas @Braulio :banana:

:NZL Anton Down-Jenkins

:ESP Nicolás García Boissier @Fran-UDA congrats 2 divers qualified.

:JAM Yona Knight-Wisdom

:DOM Jonathan Ruvalcaba (former competitor for :MEX, still living and training in his native country :thumbdown:)

:IRL Oliver Dingley @OlympicIRL

:KOR Yeongnam Kim

:CAN Thomas Ciprick

:ITA Lorenzo Marsaglia

Thanks !!!

The truth is that Nicolás deserved it after being so close in Synchonized with Abadía

And Alberto has been incredible !!

I did not expected 2 quotas