website statistics

Archery WA World Cup 2021

mrv86

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Could anyone who watches archery nowadays confirm/deny this is a correct photo of Van der Ven? He looks so....completely different than at the previous Olympics :yikes: I mean, so different that I can't see any resemblence and seriously doubt if this photo is correct :d 

N1CNpI8.png

It's kinda curious to me too. Maybe he gained a lot of weight. 

I have followed almost all the archery this year WC, Nationals, Internationals whatever was streamed. But Rick never made it to medal matches so I didn't  see him this year. 

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

It's kinda curious to me too. Maybe he gained a lot of weight. 

I have followed almost all the archery this year WC, Nationals, Internationals whatever was streamed. But Rick never made it to medal matches so I didn't  see him this year. 

Yeah, but even if he gained a lot of weight, everything looks completely different, including his hairstyle and all features. Besides, this guy in the photo seems a bit heavier than how I remember Van der Ven, but not that much heavier...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

@heywoodu Netherlands in Mixed Recurve Team Finals! To face Bangladesh! 

Cool, go Bangladesh :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tomorrow’s team rounds should be very interesting to check on the progress of the teams participating at last stage against those that miss it.

We could start defining the favorites for Tokyo, although men’s competition will be quite basically everyone’s game.

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Great Day for Ruman and Diya Siddique reaching finals. :BAN

Consistently shooting 36-38s including the best set of the day in Mixed Recurve Competition (correct me if I'm wrong - X 10 10 10 - 40) 

Is the Bangladesh Archery Programme independent, or is it like the Moldovan Biathlon team?  That is, does it benefit from Bengali competitors who don’t quite make the Indian team?

Well, our ladies (Mexico) did not advance further into the competition.

Aida Roman (52 after ranking round) won two matches but lost in the 3rd round where Alejandra Valencia (4) also crashed. Disappointing result for her.

The good news is that our Vazquez teenagers, 5h & 6th after ranking round, made to the Quarterfinals but unfortunately lost 6-5 both so they are there just need more confidence and experience. I think we have two potential Mariana Avitia kind of surprises with them. Avitia won the bronze medal in London and top 8 in Beijing at 15 years!

Two russians made to the final 4 with a french and Lisa Unruh from Germany (Olympic Silver Medalist in Rio)

Our Mixed duo lost in the semifinals to Netherlands and will go for the Bronze Medal 

9 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Is the Bangladesh Archery Programme independent, or is it like the Moldovan Biathlon team?  That is, does it benefit from Bengali competitors who don’t quite make the Indian team?

It's 100% Bangladesh. Their women's development teams are a success stories - orphans, sex abuse survivors , child marriage survivors etc they are slowly but surely getting the sponsors since 2019, getting attention in media. I think they can improve further in a couple of years with more exposure tours , better coaches. 

I'd love to have a final between Ruman and Das in Men's Recurve someday it'd be West Bengal(India) vs East Bengal/Bangla(Bangladesh)