website statistics

Archery WA World Cup 2021

mrv86

Magnificent performance by Mexico 

Alejandra Valencia 670, while Ana Vazquez and Valentina Vazquez at 667 in the ranking taking 4th, 5th, 6th position. I guess if they repeat the same performance next month they'll get easy matches and qualify and more importantly Aida Roman shouldn't join this team. @mrv86 Am I right 

On 26/04/2021 at 18:36, Fly_like_a_don said:

I think one or both out of Malaysia and Bangladesh will qualify. France can get 1 but definitely not giving a quota to Italy 

Dont understand this...Just because there were not much archery matches happening and they are up in  the rankings dont make Bangladesh a world class team.

22 minutes ago, sanjaydas said:

Dont understand this...Just because there were not much archery matches happening and they are up in  the rankings dont make Bangladesh a world class team.

There's always a surprise during the final qualifier. So there will be some team definitely unexpected makes it. 

19 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Mauro Nespoli as I expected loses though he went beyond my expectations in reaching quarters. A great victory for Nicholas of US Virgin Islands @Olympian1010

Yes, he seems to be in good form. 

I don’t want to jinx anything for him, so I’ll just leave it at that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Magnificent performance by Mexico 

Alejandra Valencia 670, while Ana Vazquez and Valentina Vazquez at 667 in the ranking taking 4th, 5th, 6th position. I guess if they repeat the same performance next month they'll get easy matches and qualify and more importantly Aida Roman shouldn't join this team. @mrv86 Am I right 

I think so too.

She’s been very inconsistent after Rio, often hitting 7 & 6, which of course left her last in consideration for making the team.

I was also impressed and proud with the other girls, and I hope Valencia can serve as a mentor to the other two girls.  Right now it seems Mexican women are a shoe in for a team spot.

Could anyone who watches archery nowadays confirm/deny this is a correct photo of Van der Ven? He looks so....completely different than at the previous Olympics :yikes: I mean, so different that I can't see any resemblence and seriously doubt if this photo is correct :d 

N1CNpI8.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, mrv86 said:

I think so too.

She’s been very inconsistent after Rio, often hitting 7 & 6, which of course left her last in consideration for making the team.

I was also impressed and proud with the other girls, and I hope Valencia can serve as a mentor to the other two girls.  Right now it seems Mexican women are a shoe in for a team spot.

I don't know why Aida is still on the team, with other ladies like our 2012 olympic bronze medalist they have never had any consideration and has been put out of the team but Aida have not produced any notable result since Rio where she bombed miserably and her press interviews and words were just awful and so full of ego that made me lost all the respect I had for her.

If Mexico gets the team spot for the Games I pray we don't have Roman in the team or we will suffer big time at the Olympics. I think that for 2 straight games our women's archery team have deserved that elusive medal and failed most in part thanks to low scoring arrows from who? Aida

3 hours ago, Braulio said:

If Mexico gets the team spot for the Games I pray we don't have Roman in the team or we will suffer big time at the Olympics

Undoubtedly, she's gonna do more harm than good I fear. Without her the current squad could win should win an Olympic medal in team ,quite confident about that. 

We do have a few missing teams though but without tournament practice I don't know what to say. They have made a Tokyo like field in their respective countries while Korea could be safe to win medal, not necessarily gold, competing with themselves and others is surely different. So that's something exciting to watch. I haven't seen much of Jang Minhee at the world circuit so now that she's selected I wonder about her nerves during Tokyo and her performance might decide where Korean Team stands at Olympics.