website statistics

Which of these indigenous but popular sports would you like to see in Olympics?

Which of these indigenous but popular sports would you like to see in Olympics?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these indigenous but popular sports would you like to see in Olympics?

• American Football
    • Australian Rules Football
    • Basque pelota
    • Brazilian jiu-jitsu
    • Dibeke
    • Hurling
    • Lawn bowls
    • Kabbadi
    • Kurash
    • Sepaktakraw
    • Any other

If I have to pick one, I would go with bowls. It's kinda like the Summer Games version of curling and I have fond memories of watching it on Eurosport in the late 2000s. For me it was a fun game/sport to spectate, which makes sense because curling is one of my favorite winter sports to watch. But does anyone outside of :GBR play bowls? :d

25 minutes ago, Vektor said:

If I have to pick one, I would go with bowls. It's kinda like the Summer Games version of curling and I have fond memories of watching it on Eurosport in the late 2000s. For me it was a fun game/sport to spectate, which makes sense because curling is one of my favorite winter sports to watch. But does anyone outside of :GBR play bowls? :d

Children and old people do, on vacation :d 

And probably not on a lawn :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

you'd be surprised to see how deep is the game...

the main problem is that more or less every Country has its variation...

the 2 main kind of bowls game (Petanque and Raffa) have a lot of Countries capable of shining at the world champs...

Bowls and Netball are the regular Commonwealth Games sports not in the Olympics 

They are both 5 continent sports  ( which is more than a few of the existing Olympic sports can claim )

I note that triathlon and rugby 7s were firstly Commonwealth Games sports which were later Olympic sports 

49 minutes ago, rajiv said:

Bowls and Netball are the regular Commonwealth Games sports not in the Olympics 

They are both 5 continent sports  ( which is more than a few of the existing Olympic sports can claim )

I note that triathlon and rugby 7s were firstly Commonwealth Games sports which were later Olympic sports 

Now that you mention this, netball for Brisbane 2032 isn't an outlandish idea if Japan and the US can get baseball for their Games. 

If countries can decide which version of lawn bowls to focus on they would have more than enough nations to be eligible for the Olympics.

Of course with Olympics wanting to attract a younger crowd, boules will likely never make it to the games.