website statistics

Fencing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

phelps

Size of the teams after the WCh (I didn't count the +1 team member in the team events, because that's how Wikipedia does it. Also, in two team events I didn't count the two African nations that will very likely fall out of the Top16 and counted the individual quotas according to that.) 

18 quotas

Italy, South Korea, Russia, United States

14 quotas

France

12 quotas

China

11 quotas

Canada

9 quotas

Ukraine

8 quotas

Japan

7 quotas

Egypt, Poland, Tunisia

6 quotas

Hungary

5 quotas

Hong Kong

4 quotas

Germany

3 quotas

Iran, Switzerland

2 quotas

Brazil, Romania

1 quota

Columbia, Great Britain, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Netherlands, Venezuela, Vietnam

Edited by Vektor

2 hours ago, Vektor said:

Size of the teams after the WCh (I didn't count the +1 team member in the team events, because that's how Wikipedia does it. Also, in two team events I didn't count the two African nations that will very likely fall out of the Top16 and counted the individual quotas according to that.) 

18 quotas

Italy, South Korea, Russia, United States

14 quotas

France

12 quotas

China

11 quotas

Canada

9 quotas

Ukraine

8 quotas

Japan

7 quotas

Egypt, Poland, Tunisia

6 quotas

Hungary

5 quotas

Hong Kong

4 quotas

Germany

3 quotas

Iran, Switzerland

2 quotas

Brazil, Romania

1 quota

Columbia, Great Britain, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Netherlands, Venezuela, Vietnam

Hope India can maintain that quota, would be historic.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

• 3 months later...

question, what happens if a team misses one of the World Cups ? I was checking the WR rules, and from what I saw, there are 5 World Cups in the Olympic Qualification period + World Champs + Continental Champs. and it seems 4 of those World Cups will be counted + WCh + Continental Ch. am I right ?

so missing one of the World Cups won't be catastrophic as long as you get OK results in other World Cups. am I right ?

24 minutes ago, MHSN said:

question, what happens if a team misses one of the World Cups ? I was checking the WR rules, and from what I saw, there are 5 World Cups in the Olympic Qualification period + World Champs + Continental Champs. and it seems 4 of those World Cups will be counted + WCh + Continental Ch. am I right ?

so missing one of the World Cups won't be catastrophic as long as you get OK results in other World Cups. am I right ?

yes...

but the 5th world cup score is the tie-breaker in case of 2 (or more) teams ending up with the same amount of points in the "regular" 6 tournaments (4 WC stages + WChs + Cont. Chs), so, better not to miss any chance...

Edited by phelps

15 hours ago, phelps said:

yes...

but the 5th world cup score is the tie-breaker in case of 2 (or more) teams ending up with the same amount of points in the "regular" 6 tournaments (4 WC stages + WChs + Cont. Chs), so, better not to miss any chance...

but that least that's much better than losing your chance completely for reasons you can't do anything about.

I asked that question because unless something extra ordinary happens tonight (or tomorrow morning), Iran is going to miss the Sabre World Cup in Egypt, for the same old reason. denying visa. they are still trying through FIE though.

the first thing I checked was to see who are the hosts of the next world Cups, Italy, Hungary and Poland, none of them are notorious to create these kind of problems , so hopefully nothing bad happens.

Edit: problem solved, they will miss their flight but still will make it to to Egypt in time.

Edited by MHSN