website statistics

Fencing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

phelps

33 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, in the men's tournament, :CZE Choupenitch is out in the round of 16 and also out of contention for the continental spot, meanwhile :POL Michal Siess is still alive...

he needs a win in the quarterfinal match against :JPN Takahiro Shikine to make his dream come true...

:CZE Choupenitch placed 12th in total, which should be enough to make the continental cut 

15 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

:CZE Choupenitch placed 12th in total, which should be enough to make the continental cut 

I am correct. :ESP Llavador was eliminated in T64, which means that  :CZE Choupenitch and :POL Siess will both jump him. Pity for :ESP to lose the continental quota during the very last moment. Anyways, for now, :CZE Choupenitch is still ranked highest, as before today's competition - 21. Choupenitch - 84.000 pts; 28. Seiss - 64.000pts. Which means, if my counting is correct, Seiss would have to make at least semifinals to jump Choupenitch and make the Continental quota. I don't wish anything bad to anybody, I just hope the continental quota stays to Choupenitch :-D 

33 minutes ago, rybak said:

Damn it, again we lost an quota in last moment, its beyond already :facepalm: 

Taking quota at zonal qualifier will be almost impossible for her...

Fingers crossed for Michał....

He performed really well. I think, in Zona Qualifiers he will be the one who will have the highest possibility to qualify for Tokyo :-) 

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

He performed really well. I think, in Zona Qualifiers he will be the one who will have the highest possibility to qualify for Tokyo :-) 

I dont believe for our fencers in zonal qualifiers as it always unpredictable and many depends of luck and the form at the day...

Hell yeah!!!! :CZE Alexander Choupenitch can get ready for his 2nd Olympic appearance! And with his shape within last 2 years, I hope, he will be attacking high positions!! First fencing quota for :CZE .... Wish all the best to the other during the Europe Qualifier! 

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

Hell yeah!!!! :CZE Alexander Choupenitch can get ready for his 2nd Olympic appearance! And with his shape within last 2 years, I hope, he will be attacking high positions!! First fencing quota for :CZE .... Wish all the best to the other during the Europe Qualifier! 

European quotas goes to Marcus Mepstead (GBR) and Carlos Llavador (ESP)