website statistics

Fencing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

phelps

I need a help, who knows how points are countitng during Grand Prix? I'm asking because :POL Julia Walczyk was second highest ranked European fencer (not counting countries which already have a team quota) before Grand Prix in Doha. Today she sadly didn't make even Round of 128, but her main opponents from :ESP Maria Teresa Diaz and :ISR Nicole Pustilnik didn't impressed today as well, Maria lost to another our girl Martyna Jelińska and then had on her road Pustilnik who had bye in first round, Nicole also lost to Martyna. This mean that despite not being in Round of 128 Julia still might stay as second highest ranked European or not?

1 minute ago, rybak said:

I need a help, who knows how points are countitng during Grand Prix? I'm asking because :POL Julia Walczyk was second highest ranked European fencer (not counting countries which already have a team quota). Today she sadly didn't make even Round of 128, but her main opponents from :ESP Maria Teresa Diaz and :ISR Nicole Pustilnik didn't impressed today as well, Maria lost to another our girl Martyna Jelińska and then had on her road Pustilnik who had bye in first round, Nicole also lost to Martyna. This mean that despite not being in Round of 128 Julia still might stay as second highest ranked European or not?

Options to take the Teresa Diaz quota:

Hanna Lyczbinska (POL) Needs T16

Irem Karamete (TUR) Needs T8

Martyna Synoradzka (POL) Needs T8

Martyna Jelinska (POL) Needs bronze

Maria Boldor (ROU) Needs silver

Krystina Petrova (UKR) Needs gold

Maria-Eleni Chaldaiou (GRE) Needs gold

Pustilnik and Walczyk are out of the options

12 hours ago, Davids said:

Options to take the Teresa Diaz quota:

Pustilnik and Walczyk are out of the options

We are down to two, Karamete in in the Top16, Synoradzka is in the Top32. 

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

We are down to two, Karamete in in the Top16, Synoradzka is in the Top32. 

down to 1, only :TUR Irem Karamete could fill her target...

she's going to face in the decisive assault :RUS Leyla Pirieva in about half an hour...

by the way, I'm shocked by the awful performance by all the Italian fencers...especially in the men's division, where they are all out before the round of 64 (and all the top 5 guys were already gone in round of 64)...:yikes: :facepalm:

if this is the prologue of what's gonna happen in Tokyo, I really hope that the Games are cancelled...I refuse to watch a similar disaster at the Olympics...:hairpull:

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

down to 1, only :TUR Irem Karamete could fill her target...

she's going to face in the decisive assault :RUS Leyla Pirieva in about half an hour...

by the way, I'm shocked by the awful performance by all the Italian fencers...especially in the men's division, where they are all out before the round of 64 (and all the top 5 guys were already gone in round of 64)...:yikes: :facepalm:

if this is the prologue of what's gonna happen in Tokyo, I really hope that the Games are cancelled...I refuse to watch a similar disaster at the Olympics...:hairpull:

it is better, that the disaster is now than during the games ... Do you know the composition of Italian foil for tokyo? Dear women? Volpi Errigo Batini?

Just now, Benolympique said:

it is better, that the disaster is now than during the games ... Do you know the composition of Italian foil for tokyo? Dear women? Volpi Errigo Batini?

there's nothing official yet...

among the women, Volpi and Errigo are locked in, but the 3rd place and the reserve spot are still to be determined (Batini is one of the contenders, but also Palumbo, Mancini and Cipressa are still in the game)...

the men's team instead is basically done with Foconi, Garozzo and Cassarà (with Avola and Marini fighting for the reserve spot)...

however, I fear that in Tokyo we're going to hit the lowest point in the glorious history of our fencing...:cry:

by the way, in the men's tournament, :CZE Choupenitch is out in the round of 16 and also out of contention for the continental spot, meanwhile :POL Michal Siess is still alive...

he needs a win in the quarterfinal match against :JPN Takahiro Shikine to make his dream come true...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

there's nothing official yet...

among the women, Volpi and Errigo are locked in, but the 3rd place and the reserve spot are still to be determined (Batini is one of the contenders, but also Palumbo, Mancini and Cipressa are still in the game)...

the men's team instead is basically done with Foconi, Garozzo and Cassarà (with Avola and Marini fighting for the reserve spot)...

however, I fear that in Tokyo we're going to hit the lowest point in the glorious history of our fencing...:cry:

i would be very sad to see italy outside the gold medal .. I dream of a men's foil final France Italy Among women, I am thinking of italy russia or italy usa For me the ideal Italian team would be: In women Volpi, Errigo, Batini In men: casarra, avola and foconi