website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

Story on Brazil losing their dressage team

The whole effort of shipping horses and competing in Europe came after Brazilians have found out, at the Pan-Am Games, that the bronze medal wasn’t enough to secure the team slot. It seems like no one, not a single rider, not the national Brazilian Equestrian Federation (CBH - Confederação Brasileira de Hipismo), had carefully read the FEI Qualification System, which was published almost two years ago. Furthermore, CBH posted on its own website in April 2018 the FEI qualification rules for Tokyo.

It's like I suspected all along. :facepalm: What a bunch of amateurs! :facepalm: Brazil had a long tradition of hosting 3* events, and this year they for whatever reason downgraded them to 2* events. It's the purest form of ignorance.

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Story on Brazil losing their dressage team

It's like I suspected all along. :facepalm: What a bunch of amateurs! :facepalm: Brazil had a long tradition of hosting 3* events, and this year they for whatever reason downgraded them to 2* events. It's the purest form of ignorance.

Yeah, it's pretty sad... Sadly, they aren't the first or last federation to make that mistake. I'm not sure if the people in the Brazilian Equestrian Federation are paid, but if they are then there should be some firings. You can argue that language may have been a barrier (the qualification documents are published in English and French), but Google Translate exists and as soon as you start seeing things like MER in the eligibility section then it would be time to start asking questions.

14 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:CAN officially disqualified in team jumping :( 

Really sad for Eric Lamaze, with his current health this is likely his last chance at Olympic glory. Hopefully he gets in? @dcro

Canada will be able to send one individual. Lamaze not getting selected would be surprising.

#banbestmen

il y a 3 minutes, dcro a dit :

Here it is. Argentina gets a team (what a joy this must be for them), while Canada gets an individual spot instead...

I just can't believe Canada will only have a dressage team. It's the complete opposite from Rio. :yikes:

and quota individual ?