website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

It's worth mentioning that FEI could again change the minimum eligibility requirements, following the EHV-1 event cancellations.

Feasibly, they may allow everyone with MER to their name, irregardless of the date when it was achieved (this however would not include the likes of Mirza and Khan).

#banbestmen

20 hours ago, Adriano said:

dcro you know something about Ukrainian plans?

Czech team has a MER in jumping? 

If I am correct, we have MER in jumping. After the qualifying tournament, when the spot was originally earned by Ukraine, we did not have it but eventually all the riders accomplished it by the end of the year. At least the info in the media was like that. So I suppose we are good to go. But I may ask at the Czech equestrian federation ....

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

If I am correct, we have MER in jumping. After the qualifying tournament, when the spot was originally earned by Ukraine, we did not have it but eventually all the riders accomplished it by the end of the year. At least the info in the media was like that. So I suppose we are good to go. But I may ask at the Czech equestrian federation ....

Technically, the Czechs achieved their MER in 2019.

But, after the postponement, FEI changed MERs and now requires them to be re-confirmed in 2020 or 2021. Not sure if the Czechs have done that.

#banbestmen

12 hours ago, dcro said:

Technically, the Czechs achieved their MER in 2019.

But, after the postponement, FEI changed MERs and now requires them to be re-confirmed in 2020 or 2021. Not sure if the Czechs have done that.

Oh, did not know this rule. I will contact Czech equestrian federation and will see what they say....

Canadian selection season for dressage is in full swing. At this moment, this appears to be the likely team for Tokyo...

Lindsay Kellock (Sebastien)

Brittany Fraser-Beaulieu (All In)

Christ von Martels (Eclips)

Reserve: Naima Moreira-Laliberte (Statesman)

Which would be too bad for Moreira-Laliberte... She was the shooting star in 2020, but is struggling with consistency this year. And on top of that, she was apparently in an auto accident last week.

Seems to me Kellock is getting slightly overscored in these North American competitions. Would not be surprised one bit if the Olympic judges massacre her for piaffe, and cause her to bomb out in Tokyo with 69% or something.

#banbestmen

On 17/04/2021 at 20:16, dcro said:

Unfortunately, :IND Fouaad Mirza had a run-out late on the course today. No MER this weekend.

He is now too seriously running out of time and opportunities.

http://results.strzegomhorsetrials.pl/files/2021/sso/live/leaderboard04.html

So where does he go from here .....

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

14 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

So where does he go from here .....

Strzegom again in two weeks probably.

For Dajara it is not looking good at all. It is never easy for a horse to break their refusal streak once it is established (especially under less experienced riders like Mirza). There is a hope yet with Seigneur Medicott, though.

#banbestmen