website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

On 31/12/2019 at 13:16, dcro said:
Spoiler

Final overview of jumping...

Teams qualified - :JPN:USA:SWE:GER:SUI:NED:AUS:BEL:GBR:FRA:ISR:UKR:BRA:MEX:ARG:EGY:QAT:NZL:CHN:IRL

Individuals qualified (spots are awarded to NOCs, not the specific athletes)

Group A

:DEN Emil Hallundbaek (Chalisco) - 617

:NOR Geir Gulliksen (VDL Groep Quatro) - 545

Group B

:ITA Emanuele Gaudiano (Chalou) - 1242

:POR Luciana Diniz (Vertigo du Dessert) - 1038

Group C

:LAT Kristaps Neretnieks (Moon Ray) - 895

:POL Wojciech Wojcianiec (Chintablue) - 772

Groups D/E - Pan American Games

:COL Juan Manuel Gallego (Fee des Sequoias)

:DOM Hector Florentino Roca (Carnaval)

:CAN Erynn Ballard (Fellini S)

:CHI Ignacio Montesinos (Cornetboy)

Group F

:SYR Ahmad Saber Hamcho (Quintus) - 890

:JOR Ibrahim Hani Bisharat (King of Diamonds) - 824

Group G

:TPE Jasmine Chen (Ninyon) - 572

:SRI Mathilda Karlsson (Chopin VA) - 345

Additional

:ESP Eduardo Alvarez Aznar (Rokfeller de Pleville Bois Margot) - 947

This is all assuming that Qatar and Ukraine are fine... If that assumption proves to be incorrect, the following would happen...

Team

:UKR -> :CZE

:QAT -> :MAR

Individual

:POL -> :UKR

:JOR -> :QAT

A screenshot of this post was used by "Świat Koni" ("World of Horses") - the most prestigious equestrian magazine in Poland - on their website in an article about Czechs getting place of Ukraine. After my intervention Totallympics was mentioned as the source (they claim to have thought it's FEI material). Another great success of @dcro.

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Which session of equestrian? There’s a possibility we’d bump into each there.

Well, unfortunately not yet any. Sunweb has been offering some tickets, wanna buy Jumping team Quali and Final. But when I proceeded all the steps, before the payment the website got stuck. And it happened to me several times in the row. It is nice that I can pick the tickets and give them my address but cannot finalize my order. So no tix yet. Will let you know if I succeed!

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Danish Olympic comitee confirming place in jumping, but no mention of eventing :mumble:

Edit: They're saying that they're expecting one but are yet to get the confirmation... :lol:

Yes, FEI is being rather tactful with individual spots. Technically they can still change, but only if nations decline their team spots, what is always going to be highly unlikely.

Flarup would be easily safe even if several nations dropped their teams though.

#banbestmen

24 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes, FEI is being rather tactful with individual spots. Technically they can still change, but only if nations decline their team spots, what is always going to be highly unlikely.

Flarup would be easily safe even if several nations dropped their teams though.

Rather interesting that the jumping quota have been confirmed. Is it just the Western European countries that are faster at confirming their participation?

"The FEI has announced adverse analytical findings involving two members of the Qatari Jumping team which booked one of the two Tokyo 2020 team quota slots at the designated Olympic Jumping Qualifier for Group F (Africa & Middle East) in Rabat (MAR) in October 2019.

Samples taken on 13 October from the Qatari Jumping athletes Sheikh Ali Al Thani (FEI ID: 10024194), and Bassem Mohammed (FEI ID: 10082635) tested positive for Carboxy-THC, a metabolite of Cannabis, which is a prohibited substance under the FEI’s Anti-Doping Rules for Human Athletes (ADRHA).

The athletes have not been provisionally suspended, as Carboxy-THC is a *Specified Substance banned in competition under the 2019 World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List.

Details on these cases can be found here.

In order to maintain the integrity of the ongoing legal process, the FEI will not comment further on these cases at this time."

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

While I doubt Carboxy-THC gives riders (or athletes in general) an advantage, I can accept it being a banned substance in equestrian as it can pose a safety risk for horses if their rider is high.

Yeah Cannabis is only on WADA’s list due to social prejudice.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela