website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

16 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Haha...

Poor Bermuda, though I think she still qualifies, she just needs to actually earn her spot rather than just meet the minimum requirements.

At this point they should just combine the two groups, though in essence they pretty much already are with the exception of the individual eventing quotas.

Yes, Collins should still be able to qualify. This is mostly nice news for Latin America, as now they will probably have 3 spots instead of 2.

I think the spots will be decided between :ARG:BER:DOM:ECU:MEX, with nobody except Dominican Republic being very safe...

#banbestmen

FEI has published the lists of all events that will count for individual qualification rankings.

Dressage

Eventing

Jumping

2019 will be the Olympic qualification season, so of course the usual suspects (Ukraine...) are back with their pop-up events in Zhashkiv and such places. I love how some countries are able to turn an Olympic qualification into a pizza delivery procedure, and get away with it again and again. :)

Also the ranking rules have been published...

Dressage

Eventing

Jumping

#banbestmen

By the way, here is an interesting read about what happens in the final months of Olympic ranking periods. Article is from before London 2012, but basically it's the same circus every time.

http://www.eurodressage.com/2012/03/21/olympic-typhoid-fever

#banbestmen

New team qualification events have been confirmed:

Dressage - Group C - :RUS Moscow (June 6-9)

Eventing - Groups F/G - :FRA Saumur (May 23-26)

Jumping - Group G - :NED Valkenswaard (August 12-13)

Groups F/G qualifiers in eventing will be held very soon. I'm 99% sure that both spots will be reallocated however. South Africa may be able to find the third rider, but I really don't see the likes of India or Hong Kong putting together a CCI4*-L team in this short time frame...

:HUN Budapest apparently withdrew from hosting Group C jumping. Also Group F dressage venue is yet to be decided. I suspect :CZE or :SVK will host the Group C jumping, while some venue in :GER will be picked for Group F dressage...

Also, the venue for Nations Cup Final in jumping is yet to be decided, which is important because hosts will be prequalified.

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Samorin?

Yes, that would be my guess. However Prague just hosted Global Champions Tour Finals (by far the biggest equestrian competition ever held in CZE), so Czechs may have similar aspirations.

#banbestmen

14 minuti fa, dcro ha scritto:

Yes, that would be my guess. However Prague just hosted Global Champions Tour Finals (by far the biggest equestrian competition ever held in CZE), so Czechs may have similar aspirations.

Czech Tv is also broadcasting a lot of show jumping events (in very favourable time slots, often live) in the past couple of seasons, so I guess they have quite a good interest and power in supporting their local organizers, if they want to host any kind of tournament...

and I think Italy would eventually ask for hosting next year's Nations Cup Finals...

Il 19/12/2018 Alle 20:42, phelps ha scritto:

Czech Tv is also broadcasting a lot of show jumping events (in very favourable time slots, often live) in the past couple of seasons, so I guess they have quite a good interest and power in supporting their local organizers, if they want to host any kind of tournament...

and I think Italy would eventually ask for hosting next year's Nations Cup Finals...

"We have bigger projects for Piazza di Siena", they said. May it be? :bounce:

9 ore fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

"We have bigger projects for Piazza di Siena", they said. May it be? :bounce:

I hope so...

but I don't know if they were really thinking about that or something else with more "glamour" (it's Rome, it's Piazza di Siena, after all)...:mumble:

on the other hand, as I wrote, I'm pretty sure that they will bid to host the NC finals, even if it could be elsewhere...

Edited by phelps

• 2 weeks later...

:LAT Kristaps Neretnieks won the very first competition that counts for Olympic rankings - WC qualifier in Abu Dhabi. That's a very valuable victory for the Latvian which should give him 80 points. :d

https://equinesolutions.co/competition/199

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen