website statistics

Road Cycling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

carivan

Jakob Fuglsang and Kasper Asgreen have been selected for :DEN 

Asgreen will be our Time Trial rider while Fuglsang is captain for the road race. 

The 2 other Danish riders will be selected among the following:

Magnus Cort

Michael Valgren

Mattias Skjelmose

Søren Kragh Andersen

Mikkel Bjerg

Christopher Juul-Jensen

Andreas Kron

Mikkel Honoré

• 1 month later...

:SVK NT (Ján Valach) announced tonight the nomination for Tokyo.

We have 2 male quotas (2 in Road Race and 1 of them in Time Trial)

and without big surprise...

The Sagan Bros will represent us in Tokyo.

Peter will compete only in the road race,

his older brother Juraj selected in 2 events, first he will try to help Peter in the Road race and four days later will be the one who will use our quota in the Time Trial

*However Juraj had a bad accident last Friday, with broken collarbone, but it looks the surgery was successfull and by his own words he may return to bike in a couple of days and should be ok for Tokyo, if not, then Lukáš Kubiš will replace him as first alternate

Peter today won the national championship and look what he found in front of his bus, the luggages and uniforms for Tokyo, he already tested them and send them to Tokyo :d immediately after the TdF he will travel to Japan for the road race

202816744_10219377045592252_883900056079

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the last day to name the Olympic squad is?

Spain hasnt decided the team jet and apparently they are waiting at least a week more to decide. But I dont know when's the last day is for naming athletes...

6 minutes ago, Jur said:

Spain hasnt decided the team jet and apparently they are waiting at least a week more to decide. But I dont know when's the last day is for naming athletes...

Literally today

Just now, intoronto said:

Literally today

Yes I was looking at the qualification process just now..... And we didn't name our team lmao. Do we lose our quotas? or the deadline changed?

Cause I don't trust our federation, it's not the first time they mess up with things like this (we lost chance to qualify in Track in Rio due to a similar mistake...)

7 minutes ago, Jur said:

Today (5th July) the entry lists have to be completed, but given the circumstances around the pandemic etc... replacement are allowed until 1 week before the Olympics in serious cases like injuries, late unfortunate withdrawals or other unexpected serius reasons

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Today (5th July) the entry lists have to be completed, but given the circumstances around the pandemic etc... replacement are allowed until 1 week before the Olympics in serious cases like injuries, late unfortunate withdrawals or other unexpected serius reasons

So, at least they had to name the five today. Then you can do small changes but today at least they had to name the vast mayority of the team.

Well, I just hope we didn't loose the quotas....

1 minute ago, Jur said:

So, at least they had to name the five today. Then you can do small changes but today at least they had to name the vast mayority of the team.

Well, I just hope we didn't loose the quotas....

You can not lose the quotas if the NOC confirm them, this is what is needed to do. Once your NOC confirm all quotas, they are de facto reserved. Spain can announce the riders later.

Just now, hckošice said:

You can not lose the quotas if the NOC confirm them, this is what is needed to do. Once your NOC confirm all quotas, they are de facto reserved. Spain can announce the riders later.

Sorry I'm lost. I'm not understanding.

So today was the last day to confirm the quotas? But not necesarilly name them? And in that case, when's the deadline to name the athletes?

I am not sure. Today is the sport entries deadline. So technically all athletes should have been selected by name at this point.

However, I know for a fact that some nations have purposely selected larger teams and are in fact still playing with their P athletes or whatnot.

#banbestmen