website statistics

Poll 9/100 | If you were told you could watch only one team sport during the Olympic Games what would you choose?

Poll 9/100  

66 members have voted

1. 1. If you were told you could watch only one team sport during the Olympic Games what would you choose?

• Basketball
    • Handball
    • Rugby Sevens
    • Football
    • Baseball / Softball
    • Volleyball
    • Field Hockey
    • Water Polo
    • I don't know
    • None, if I was given the option I'd remove some / all of the team sports and replace it with new and exciting individual events.

I'm guilty of only slightly caring about volleyball and football because it's what TV networks show in Brazil and what I've grown up watching. Basketball and handball are those "alternative" sports, and all the others are virtually nonexistent in the country.

Among the sports that are usually not shown on TV in Brazil, Rugby sevens is the most interesting to me, but of course it's still far from being a successful professional sport in Brazil. I've never even watched a baseball or field hockey match in my life. Even at the Olympics, TV networks usually will not show water polo matches, despite the fact that it was a somewhat popular sport in Brazil around 50 or 60 years ago.