website statistics

Mountain Bike Cycling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Agger

on the other hand, I have a question for a more professional observers of this qualification system. :d

If one of the countries for some reason or just by pure infinite goodness suddenly decides not to use its second mens quota (for example I do not know, let say Brazil who has 2 M quotas). who will then receive the reallocation ? the first country in the ranking with only one qualified will get an additional 2nd quota ( :CZE )  or it will be for the first nonqualified country yet ( :SVK ) ?  

Ďakujem in advance :d

38 minutes ago, hckošice said:

on the other hand, I have a question for a more professional observers of this qualification system. :d

If one of the countries for some reason or just by pure infinite goodness suddenly decides not to use its second mens quota (for example I do not know, let say Brazil who has 2 M quotas). who will then receive the reallocation ? the first country in the ranking with only one qualified will get an additional 2nd quota ( :CZE )  or it will be for the first nonqualified country yet ( :SVK ) ?  

Ďakujem in advance :d

Neither. Tripartite Commission.

Likely Lesotho (again).

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Neither. Tripartite Commission.

Likely Lesotho (again).

so, as expected our NOC is wrong then https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/horskym-cyklistom-tesne-usiel-priamy-postup-do-tokia-chybalo-21-bodov-ci-3-sekundy-na-ms :d I had doubts about them being correct, so that was why I asked, now I know. :p It is srange however that even NOCs does not know the rules properly lol

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

so, as expected our NOC is wrong then https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/horskym-cyklistom-tesne-usiel-priamy-postup-do-tokia-chybalo-21-bodov-ci-3-sekundy-na-ms :d I had doubts about them being correct, so that was why I asked, now I know. :p It is srange however that even NOCs does not know the rules properly lol

So I double checked. They changed it and now any reallocation will be awarded down the rankings.

But with reduced maximum quotas per nation (only 7 nations can have more than one starter), it is more improbable than ever.

Tripartite Commission place will be awarded only if everyone ranked declines. That's so dumb. 60 nations would have to decline. I swear some federations are inventing ridiculous Tripartite allocation criteria just to parade behind the universality flag. Yuck.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

So I double checked. They changed it and now any reallocation will be awarded down the rankings.

But with reduced maximum quotas per nation (only 7 nations can have more than one starter), it is more improbable than ever.

Tripartite Commission place will be awarded only if everyone ranked declines. That's so dumb. 60 nations would have to decline. I swear some federations are inventing ridiculous Tripartite allocation criteria just to parade behind the universality flag. Yuck.

which bring us to the same question again then. If for example :BRA decline its second M quota will it be reallocated via ranking to the highest NOC with only 1 qualified (2nd added quota) or first non qualified NOC in the ranking ?

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

That's what happens when the IOC reduces quotas, but still wants sport federations to include tripartite quotas.

Just now, hckošice said:

which bring us to the same question again then. If for example :BRA decline its second M quota will it be reallocated via ranking to the highest NOC with only 1 qualified (2nd added quota) or dirst non qualified NOC in the ranking ?

Best not yet represented, meaning Slovakia.

Don't get your hopes up about Brazil though. Their NOC is just not into declining quotas. At all. :d

On paper, the :NED is always the most likely to withdraw, but I'm pretty sure Vader is safe.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

On paper, the :NED is always the most likely to withdraw, but I'm pretty sure Vader is safe.

They might decline their second quota.

As for other countries that tend to decline quotas, New Zealand and South Africa will probably keep their quotas based on where their athletes rank in the world rankings.

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Best not yet represented, meaning Slovakia.

Don't get your hopes up about Brazil though. Their NOC is just not into declining quotas. At all. :d

So they are correct, I was sure they were not :d

well I wrote Brazil just cosmetically, it may be anyone I will be pretty sure all in for if whoever decline. one may still hope, the hope dies last :p