website statistics

BMX Cycling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

carivan

On 3/13/2018 at 08:31, heywoodu said:

Can't we just ignore this freestyle part? Don't mention it here, not during the Olympics and simply never speak any word about it like it never existed in an Olympic format in the first place? :p 

can we add skateboarding? reminds me of clueless..... or the old tony hawk games

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is anyone else a little bummed out that the men’s race only has 24 quotas. The freestyle events also need at least 12-24 quotas the be a realistic event. I’m not a fan of how the Olympic Committee is forcing sports to cut quotas. I’d rather have an Olympics hosted by 4 countries where we can a least have normal sized events.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Is anyone else a little bummed out that the men’s race only has 24 quotas. The freestyle events also need at least 12-24 quotas the be a realistic event. I’m not a fan of how the Olympic Committee is forcing sports to cut quotas. I’d rather have an Olympics hosted by 4 countries where we can a least have normal sized events.

24 quotas is way too few indeed, it can't even make for a decent number of heats. 

Wait, how many does freestyle have?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:rofl: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

in b4 continental quota "because every continent needs to be in every event even if there's just 9 participants"

It fascinates me how temporary sport like skateboarding is given 20 spots per event, and yet a more permanent event like BMX freestyle is given a charity like this. Tokyo Olympics would be better off without those nonsense one-time sports anyway.

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, dcro said:

It fascinates me how temporary sport like skateboarding is given 20 spots per event, and yet a more permanent event like BMX freestyle is given a charity like this. Tokyo Olympics would be better off without those nonsense one-time sports anyway.

And 2024 is going to be much worse, we will likely end up with 6 teams per synchro diving event etc.

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Well, I think Skateboarding is here to stay

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela