website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

8 hours ago, Laraja said:

So, this is sport is not my cup of tea. But, according to the result in last Worlds Championship... I'd say, :SEN:ALG:MRI:MAR have the best chances, in this order.

What do you think of my predictions @hckošice :d

It is too early to say anything, we do not know the consequences of the pandemic situation on different athletes, their training/travel possibilities etc... this is too many factors we have to take into consideration during the era we are living in.

+ this sport depend probably the most of all also on luck on given day - especially on second and third level athletes, any mistake may be too costly, missing one gate in final and you are out, despite being 30 seconds faster than anyone else in the qualifiers or semifinals...etc..we´ve seen it many many times..

But if everything goes according to world rankings logic and expected plans, the athletes living and training in France are obviously the top favorites for the quotas, so If I have to bet my money, it should be mainly between both :SEN  Bourhis bros vs Terence Saramandif of :MRI , among womens  :MAR is the top fav for sure, but if Celia Jodar for some reason will fail then the quota will be really open to anyone who will just afford to enter the race. Pretty sure the W C1 quota will be unused.

• 1 month later...
On 14/02/2021 at 09:42, hckošice said:

It is too early to say anything, we do not know the consequences of the pandemic situation on different athletes, their training/travel possibilities etc... this is too many factors we have to take into consideration during the era we are living in.

+ this sport depend probably the most of all also on luck on given day - especially on second and third level athletes, any mistake may be too costly, missing one gate in final and you are out, despite being 30 seconds faster than anyone else in the qualifiers or semifinals...etc..we´ve seen it many many times..

But if everything goes according to world rankings logic and expected plans, the athletes living and training in France are obviously the top favorites for the quotas, so If I have to bet my money, it should be mainly between both :SEN  Bourhis bros vs Terence Saramandif of :MRI , among womens  :MAR is the top fav for sure, but if Celia Jodar for some reason will fail then the quota will be really open to anyone who will just afford to enter the race. Pretty sure the W C1 quota will be unused.

So lets look at my predictions for the African Qualifiers.

:SEN expected quota in C1 for one of the Bourhis brothers.

:MAR Celia Jodar quota aslo expected.

The only surprise is the M K1 quota for :MAR I really did not expect that at all, really sad that Saramandif did not try to race also in the K1, pretty sure he would be able to beat the Franco-Moroccan guy, even if Souidi was exceptionally good there especially with his clean semifinal run, very well managed by the young Moroccan. so congrats for the quota then I guess.

EDIT: He even finished 2nd in the whole race, so that some real achievement here.

21 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

COPAC has canceled their canoe slalom qualification event.

That means the quotas will be taken by the NOC of the best ranked paddler of the continent in the World Rankings, which if stay the same until the end of the qualification period, are:

C1 M: :USA 

C1 W: :CAN 

K1 M: :ARG 

K1 W: :USA 

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

That means the quotas will be taken by the NOC of the best ranked paddler of the continent in the World Rankings, which if stay the same until the end of the qualification period, are:

pity that these continental tournaments are canceled, it leaves no chance for the "weaker" countries to qualify !!

10 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

But is this already official? Or are you presuming?

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Pretty sure the Americans plan to enter the same athlete for both women's events.

If they are capable of bribing IHF to let them qualify for Worlds and eventually Olympics, I guess they could just add a girl, even if only for political correctness.