website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Which wouldn’t really make sense. Both Evy and Ana are much better in both boats than anyone else,

True, but they may try to qualify it on the off-chance someone decides to outperform them and decline it if no one does. It probably won't happen, but they could.

7 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

:AND and :NZL picked K1 so the C1 quotas were reallocated to :FRA and :SLO

:AUS:BRA and :USA picked C1 so the K1 quotas were reallocated to :COK:CAN and :CHN

So our girls will have to fight :RUS:UKR  and :POL  in the W C1 for the only and sole eligible quota

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dodge said:

Liam Jegou will represent :IRL in C1 

The place was secured by Robert Hendrick at the World Champs but Jegou has been selected on the basis of a 3 race series between our C1 paddlers

Press Release

Good for him and for Ireland as well. Liam is the current :IRL number 1 paddler, no doubts about, I can see him to battle for the final. The guy has actually more chances for something interesting in Tokyo than anyone else from Ireland in this sport.

For sure. I don't know what result Liam can expect in Tokyo but the qualification/selection criteria was well know and included the results from the World Championships so I don't think anyone can have too many complaints.

Hopefully Robert can continue to progress himself.  In 2014 Jegou won silver a the Junior World Champs while Hendrick won silver at the Youth Olympics.

11 minutes ago, dodge said:

For sure. I don't know what result Liam can expect in Tokyo but the qualification/selection criteria was well know and included the results from the World Championships so I don't think anyone can have too many complaints.

Hopefully Robert can continue to progress himself.  In 2014 Jegou won silver a the Junior World Champs while Hendrick won silver at the Youth Olympics.

Yes, well, I wouldn´t valuate the youth olympics medal too much, that BS "obstacle" head to head flat water competition on the youth olympics is far from the real canoeing slalom.

Jegou was always a pure talent, but seems to struggle on harder tracks, his main problem is the lack of stamina and endurance, he should to work more on his musculature, in other hand he has good technique and has enough dynamic strength to be really fast on shorter or easier tracks (like the Tokyo one) Personally I would not be surprised to see him in the final at all