website statistics

Slalom Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

I guess these would be the reallocation lists?

Women's K1

:COK Jane Nicholas (accepted)

:CAN Florence Maheu

:CHN Xu Yanru

:TPE Chang Chu-Han

:SUI Alena Marx

Women's C1

:FRA Lucie Prioux

:SLO Alja Kozorog

:POL Klaudia Zwolinska

:RUS Alsu Minazova

:HUN Julia Schmid

Looks to me like nations are very much encouraged to decline K1 places. After all, K1 places would go to arguably weak nations, while C1 reallocations would make the competition stronger...

#banbestmen

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

Test event was done his week-end in Japan and I was wondering why he's not there..did some news browsing and then..

Wow ! Joe Clarke the Olympic Champion in K1 will not defend his title. He lost the internal battle to Forbes-Cryan by 1 point!!

I was keeping tabs on GB selection for the first 2 selections and though that's it Clarke got it in the bag

Clarke 60 pts

Bowers 52 pts

Cryan 52 pts

So for the rest of the selection Clarke screwed badly...

The internal battles are cut-throat. What could be next? some sort of "Czech and mate"?

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Well now this makes Pan American qualification interesting since :BRA:CANand:USA are all already qualified. :ARG should be the favorite for the quota, but :MEX and :PAR will have outside chances.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well now this makes Pan American qualification interesting since :BRA:CANand:USA are all already qualified. :ARG should be the favorite for the quota, but :MEX and :PAR will have outside chances.

If they want, both Brazil and the United States could still qualify in the K1 at the Pan American qualification.

11 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

If they want, both Brazil and the United States could still qualify in the K1 at the Pan American qualification.

Which wouldn’t really make sense. Both Evy and Ana are much better in both boats than anyone else,