website statistics

Women's 3x3 Basketball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

They still have a week to pass China who seems to be idled. They will have to play non-stop though.

Surely there are more schoolgirls available?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Surely there are more schoolgirls available?

Adding more athletes past 100 would hurt them as lower ranked athletes would steal points from higher ranked athletes.

I'm not sure if it would be more beneficial to have all 100 athletes compete in the same tournament or if it would be better to split them in multiple concurrent smaller tournaments.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Adding more athletes past 100 would hurt them as lower ranked athletes would steal points from higher ranked athletes.

I'm not sure if it would be more beneficial to have all 100 athletes compete in the same tournament or if it would be better to split them in multiple concurrent smaller tournaments.

Or both!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

normally I'm not following 3x3 basketball...but reading about this farce almost made me interested...:yikes:

c'mon, men! are they serious? really? what the hell of a qualification system is this??? is this a joke or what?

I just can't believe the IOC allowed FIBA to put on this thing...I knew they like complicated and unfair qualification procedures in order to manipulate them at their will, but this is something beyond imagination...

and we're still wasting our time with these fuc*in' cheaters??? :facepalm::wall:

@dcro I cant believe you wouldn’t ask me. I have a great relationship with the ITG guys :redcard:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It's better to split them in smaller tournaments. The problem, mainly for Taiwan that seems to have zero players with points in international tournaments, is that using only these low level local tournaments each player can gain about 13k points for a win for a max. of 9 wins counted in the ranking...that's no more than 120k points per player and 12 million points per federation. Mongolia has a few players with more "international" points so they should do better if they keep playing.