website statistics

Women's 3x3 Basketball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

Il y a 14 heures, MHSN a dit :

yes and considering the points gap, I don't think women's team can qualify but you never know. ranking changes in a day .

I just found the ranking for only 4 days ago and you can see MASSIVE change in number of points for all countries in race.  (RUS and CHN are guaranteed) it seems Iran is not the only one "cheating" ! this is the worst qualification format ever. :facepalm:

Comparing points from 5 November and 9 November

:RUS 12,102,587 ==> 12,193,547

:CHN 11,198,879 ==> 11,356,804

:ROU 8,658,440 ==> 8,894,875

:FRA 8,375,136 ==> 8,678,836

:MGL 6,403,888 ==> 7,041,633

:IRI 5,976,591 ==> 6,764,738

:TPE 5,970,420 ==> 6,504,495

24 hours latter, somehow we scored 120,000 points in one night and Mongolia 350 000 ! :lol:

image.png

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

24 hours latter, somehow we scored 120,000 points in one night and Mongolia 350 000 ! :lol:

:lol: it seems Mongolia is outsmarting Iran. and don't forget Chinese Taipei. they also scored 370,000 in one night

but I wonder if these events are real ?! I mean who is going to observe local events ?! national federations right ? can't they just fill some forms and put some random results ?! even though that's not much different than having "fake events"

à l’instant, MHSN a dit :

but I wonder if these events are real ?! I mean who is going to observe local events ?! national federations right ? can't they just fill some forms and put some random results ?! even though that's not much different than having "fake events"

I fear the worst, the 5 millions points Mongolia night of 3*3 basketball is coming upon us..

For Mongolian events there are links to their Facebook live stream, you can watch their top 100 or 200 players being held captive to play each other every day :cheer:

https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/b1e1f878-3185-4c5d-8ee1-c2cb5a0b72fc

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

This qualification system alone should be enough to permanently remove 3x3 from the program.

3x3 has the worst qualification system of any sport since I started following that in 2008. By a huge margin. I dare anyone to find me a worst one.

Edited by NearPup

Just now, Laraja said:

Karate, maybe :p

Karate would have the worst qualification system of this cycle if not for 3x3. But even then, you don’t see countries organize bs domestic kata competitions to farm world ranking points for their 100th rank karateka.

19 minutes ago, NearPup said:

3x3 has the worst qualification system of any sport since I started following that in 2008. By a huge margin. I dare anyone to find me a worst one.

15 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Karate, maybe :p

Regular Basketball ain’t much better. Volleyball is ass too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Regular Basketball ain’t much better. Volleyball is ass too.

Those systems aren’t good but, again, they don’t depend on a ranking system that has zero correlation with how strong a country’s top 3x3 team is. The qualification system would not be a complete joke if the ranking system it depends on entirely was a reasonable.

Edited by NearPup