website statistics

Football European Super League

Federer91

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:d 

And also a statement from the official supporter club of Manchester City, who are not at all happy neither (and also wrongfully seem to think football belongs to them/fans, which is a bit too optimistic in a sport where it's basically only about the billions and billions of euros).

https://www.mancityosc.com/post/european-super-league

It'd be cool to see supporter clubs of rival teams cooperate or stand together in this though, that would create some unexpected solidarity.

Yeah basically that.

I think people will revolt and protest and complain but in the end everyone will still watch the Barcelona vs Juventus or Real vs Man Utd and the clubs will probably gather more money from it anyway.

I'm also - just like probably everyone - against the super league but if the difference for the clubs are millions vs billions it does not surprise me that they go for it.

Also it's quite funny to see greedy UEFA screaming in fear with the prospect of loosing the ones that (i'm guessing) bring them the most money :d

7 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

I think people will revolt and protest and complain but in the end everyone will still watch the Barcelona vs Juventus or Real vs Man Utd and the clubs will probably gather more money from it anyway.

A majority will, yes (and not only Asian fans). Personally I don't get very much attracted to these matches because they're way overplayed....like 'El Clásico', cool, but not if there's a million of them every year :p I'd still watch the Olympics if it was every year but it would be a whole lot less special :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That's exactly what they want, they don't want the vast millions they are getting, they want the billions... They don't want to share the money with anyone else, just greedy f*****s. This bulshit closed US system should never happen in football, because it will be the detriment to 45+ leagues and countries. The money those countries are getting from FIFA/UEFA will be substantially lower. I mean, it is already low compared to what the big guns are getting, but after this it will be peanuts.. The exact same thing destroyed European basketball 20 years ago and now there are only some closed "franchises" and amateur leagues pretty much everywhere..

I don't think that the Super League is bullshit, but that's mainly because it fits right into what I think professional football has become in Europe in the last few decades, which is why I don't really follow club football anymore. The rage is coming from people who wanted to live in an alternate reality where professional football isn't just an entertainment product like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but that reality doesn't exist anymore.

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

A majority will, yes (and not only Asian fans). Personally I don't get very much attracted to these matches because they're way overplayed....like 'El Clásico', cool, but not if there's a million of them every year :p I'd still watch the Olympics if it was every year but it would be a whole lot less special :d 

Thankfully the Olympics will always be protected from turning into something like this simply because of how damn expensive it is. I am sure IOC would love to have a Summer Games each year, but it's impossible. 

15 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I don't think that the Super League is bullshit, but that's mainly because it fits right into what I think professional football has become in Europe in the last few decades, which is why I don't really follow club football anymore. The rage is coming from people who wanted to live in an alternate reality where professional football isn't just an entertainment product like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but that reality doesn't exist anymore.

If you fall into a pit the solution is not to start digging.

6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

If you fall into a pit the solution is not to start digging.

That pit is already way too deep, and no one in power wants to get out of it. Look at what UEFA is planning for the future of the Champions League, it's not much better than the Super League, and I am sure about that it's not the "final form" of CL as they can turn it into the Super League even more later, and they most likely will if this proposal of ESL fails.