website statistics

Football European Super League

Federer91

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Especially when the ISU recently lost a case of similar nature. I believe FINA has had similar troubles preventing swimmers from competing in the ISL as well.

No offense to swimming or figure skating but association football is a whole different monster size. And a whole different size of money involved.

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

No offense to swimming or figure skating but association football is a whole different monster size. And a whole different size of money involved.

Right, I was just highlighting that similar cases (even if on a much smaller scale then this one) haven’t played out well for international federations recently.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, I was just highlighting that similar cases (even if on a much smaller scale then this one) haven’t played out well for international federations recently.

If you think the majority of fans would actually support the Super League you might be up for a surprise. English Big 6 clubs are getting ripped in the UK media and rightfully so.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56795811

Funnily enough politicians and UEFA have usually come to blows over various stuff but now they form a rare united front against a common enemy.

20 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

If you think the majority of fans would actually support the Super League you might be up for a surprise.

Just to be clear, that’s not I was saying at all. I was just talking about decisions in similar legal matters recently.

I think it’s very clear from the comments on here, and elsewhere online, that fans are not supportive of this idea.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just to be clear, that’s not I was saying at all. I was just talking about decisions in similar legal matters recently.

I think it’s very clear from the comments on here, and elsewhere online, that fans are not supportive of this idea.

No problem, I hope you get the clear picture from the die-hards. Americans don't have their hearts in soccer so you might misread what's going on ;)

I mean, this Super League is bullshit, I think we all agree on that here and that's the main thing, but the total 100% explosive anger in the reactions is almost funny :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:d 

And also a statement from the official supporter club of Manchester City, who are not at all happy neither (and also wrongfully seem to think football belongs to them/fans, which is a bit too optimistic in a sport where it's basically only about the billions and billions of euros).

https://www.mancityosc.com/post/european-super-league

It'd be cool to see supporter clubs of rival teams cooperate or stand together in this though, that would create some unexpected solidarity.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!