website statistics

Football European Super League

Federer91

3 hours ago, justony said:

Well done, Aleksander Čeferin.

No tolerance to those, who are too greedy.

But Ceferin is the boss of the greedy organization that made these clubs as rich as they are.... :p 

Ceferin and the whole UEFA/FIFA clan have 'butter on their heads', as one might say in Dutch (basically, being hypocrites).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So, according to Perez: 

“Nobody has yet paid the penalisation fee for leaving the Super League. We are almost all still in this, they have not officially left yet"

You know, I was only joking with my theory that Florentino Perez had done this SuperLeague madness in order to get the money to buy Mbappé for Real Madrid, but maybe I was not that wrong after all! :d

15 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

So, according to Perez: 

“Nobody has yet paid the penalisation fee for leaving the Super League. We are almost all still in this, they have not officially left yet"

You know, I was only joking with my theory that Florentino Perez had done this SuperLeague madness in order to get the money to buy Mbappé for Real Madrid, but maybe I was not that wrong after all! :d

The fact that he stays so firm and try making it a gain for them (I wonder, where would those money go? To the collective? To Perez? Or JP Morgan?) really makes me stand firmer at kicking Real out of the ChL semis .

2 hours ago, Agger said:

The fact that he stays so firm and try making it a gain for them (I wonder, where would those money go? To the collective? To Perez? Or JP Morgan?) really makes me stand firmer at kicking Real out of the ChL semis .

Yes, and Laporta also emerged yesterday or so and kept insisting that SL is very much needed. Dear Joan and Florentino, do you know what is needed? Cost cutting for RM and FCB. Let them have a proper austerity programme, instead of having others finance their unsustainable management (sounds familiar? ) 

1 hour ago, dharang said:

Yes, and Laporta also emerged yesterday or so and kept insisting that SL is very much needed. Dear Joan and Florentino, do you know what is needed? Cost cutting for RM and FCB. Let them have a proper austerity programme, instead of having others finance their unsustainable management (sounds familiar? ) 

To be fair, I do understand one thing in what they say: It is tough to be a top club when some team have investors who are ready to put whatever kind of money needed into it. The dream scenario would be that every single club made agreements on wages. Of course Real Madrid should be able to pay more than my local team here in Denmark, but when we get to a situation where only a select few with billionaires behind them are able to afford it without breaking the bank, things should be reconsidered. Nobody needs the paychecks that Messi, Neymar and Mbappe get. However it does in no way help this situation trying to break away to get even more money!

1 hour ago, Agger said:

To be fair, I do understand one thing in what they say: It is tough to be a top club when some team have investors who are ready to put whatever kind of money needed into it. The dream scenario would be that every single club made agreements on wages. Of course Real Madrid should be able to pay more than my local team here in Denmark, but when we get to a situation where only a select few with billionaires behind them are able to afford it without breaking the bank, things should be reconsidered. Nobody needs the paychecks that Messi, Neymar and Mbappe get. However it does in no way help this situation trying to break away to get even more money!

Of course this is the point. The spending of (Gulf) state owned clubs like PSG and City should also be regulated. But the solution is definitely not the Super League as proposed as it would only cause that the next Neymar will be sold for 500 million euro instead of 222 million euro. 

And when the Super League money is also insufficient, Barca and Real Madrid, by then with 5-10 bn euro of debt will go to the Spanish state to bail them out because national treasure, yada yada.